Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Have you ever used a trampoline? I'm afraid of them.

Have you ever used a trampoline? I'm afraid of them.

Posted - June 23, 2019

Responses

Yes, I have. I wasn't very good at it, and thankfully, I quit while I was ahead before sustaining any of the injuries that are commonly associated with them.

June 23, 2019 7:22 PM MDT

I have heard that breaking one's bones is quite painful.
      June 23, 2019 7:26 PM MDT

I have one behind my house!  I'll use it a lot more when the kids are older.  I tried introducing them to it but they really didn't like it.  Tonight would've been the perfect night for trampoline fun because it's raining and jumping in the rain makes it more fun!
      June 23, 2019 7:46 PM MDT

"Hello, Child Protective Services?  I'd like to report a woman who is forcing her infant children onto a rickety old trampoline at midnight during a thunderstorm tornado . . . "
      June 23, 2019 7:59 PM MDT

My kids are toddlers now so they're not infants anymore.  They're in bed before midnight and I know you can't wait for me to be carried away to the Land of Oz but sorry, there aren't any severe thunderstorm or tornado watches for where I live tonight.
      June 23, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

"Oh, and by the way: she's full of excuses and is adept at diversionary language. She may also be armed and dangerous, and when the officers go in there, please look around for some stray tildes. My name?  Please, I want no notoriety, so just mark me down as a concerned citizen. Unless of course they find those tildes, then I'm Randall D, Tilde Wrangler. I'll take custody of them."

~
      June 23, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

Oh, you were right, a tornado warning just got issued.  I hear the tornado sirens now.  Oh wait, false alarm, that was just the sound of Randy spanking his tildes.  Stop it, Randy!  They didn't do anything to deserve that!
      June 23, 2019 8:42 PM MDT

"Spanking the tildes" sounds so wrong on so many different levels. Hold on, I have to call CPS again. 

~
      June 23, 2019 9:58 PM MDT

I had a trampoline when I was growing up so we bought one for our children.  They loved it and no one, thankfully got hurt.   I jumped on it too and, after all these years, I finally did two back flips in a row.  That's flip once, land on your feet, then flip backwards a second time without touching your feet again.  I'll bet I was almost 50.  Aren't you proud of me?
      June 23, 2019 8:19 PM MDT

I got the trampoline before I had kids.  I bought it for myself because some things are still fun when you're an adult!
      June 23, 2019 8:44 PM MDT

My favorite, fun that's good for you - tennis, surfing, hiking, scuba diving. bowling, trampoline etc.
      June 23, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

Oh yes.  We had one in the backyard when my kids were growing up.  The house was three stories on the back and when you jumped you could see into the kitchen windows on 2nd floor.  I loved playing on it and kids too.  I was the first person in the neighborhood to require signed releases from parents for trampoline and swimming pool.  What an embarrassment to  my kids I was/am. 
      June 23, 2019 9:23 PM MDT

Your back does not need a trampoline.  

I have used them.  I fell and broke my nose too.  So you have every right to be fearful.
      June 23, 2019 10:03 PM MDT

If you're fat, i wouldnt recommend using it 
      June 24, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

a) yes.

b) no.

Not since school-days though. We had a full-size one in the gym. I was not very good on it, but not afraid of it.
      January 14, 2020 2:40 PM MST

I broke my nose on one.  I flipped and hit my nose on the outside frame.
      January 14, 2020 2:42 PM MST