Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » At what point do you stop trusting people who keep changing their minds at the very last minit? Ever retrust?

At what point do you stop trusting people who keep changing their minds at the very last minit? Ever retrust?

Posted - June 24, 2019

Responses

• I don't care how many times a person changes his or her mind, as long as it's the right thing to do. I can't trust someone who spends 40 years in government and changes his mind mind in an election cycle, a clear indication of being part of the problem and not the solution. I'll give Ole Joe Biden this much: his fellow Democrat contenders are either too stupid, ignorant, or ideological to ever change and that's the thing that makes them a threat to all of us. Then you also have to consider the stupidity of the electorate. I refer to those who are riders of fence rails, ready to condemn regardless of the action taken. That's an indication of no mind at all to change.
      June 24, 2019 8:40 AM MDT

You start out so GOOD sometimes.  But you just do NOT know when to QUIT, do you?  

This was so good.  Why didn't you just STOP with this part?????  The rest?  OH PLEASE.  You are so full of watermelon.

I don't care how many times a person changes his or her mind, as long as it's the right thing to do. I can't trust someone who spends 40 years in government and changes his mind mind in an election cycle, a clear indication of being part of the problem and not the solution.
      June 24, 2019 12:13 PM MDT

:):):)
      June 25, 2019 4:34 AM MDT

NOPE.  NEVER.  But now I have a bead on the flip-flopper.  I see what can and probably will happen with any dealings with the flipper and I take that into account.  This will probably mean I will never deal with the flipper, but if I must, I know better what I am dealing with.
      June 24, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

ME TOO! Exactamundo! Once you know realize accept comprehend what you are dealing with you have the upper hand. YOU ARE IN CONTROL. Thank you for your reply Sharon and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 25, 2019 4:36 AM MDT

I don't trust many people anyhow regardless if they change their mind a lot or not. :)
      June 24, 2019 3:18 PM MDT

You trust yourself though right ru? I guess it's safer to automatically distrust or not trust than to trust. Are they the same? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to you! :)
      June 25, 2019 4:58 AM MDT

Sometimes, with new situations or information, we realise that we do need to change our minds.

But in general, I'm not comfortable with a person who isn't reliable and doesn't keep their word.

If the person is new in my life, they get three chances on the grounds that once might just be an aberration, twice might just be a coincidence, but thrice is a pattern or a tendency towards too much chaos - and that's not something I want to be around.

Unfortunately for me, my husband likes to change his mind a lot. I've learned to expect it and deal with it.
    He's learned that if he makes a plan with me, he'd better not change it without giving me a good reason.
      June 24, 2019 7:05 PM MDT

In defense of your husband bw. You said he is 72. Is it possible he just forgets what he committed to at times? My Jim is 83 and sometimes when I think we've come to an agreement about something he flips on me not having remembered it. So I try not to get exasperated. Also with the chemo in 2008 came loss of memory. I'm not saying you are so afflicted but I know I am. So when I think something happened it may not have or not in the way I remember. Getting older is not for wimps. You just have to keep remembering you are getting older too and who knows what you do that may not sit well with others. As for trusting people one betrayal or reversal cuts the chord for me. UNLESS I understand the why and it makes sense to me. I don't give folks a second chance at me. I may engage again but always behind a high wall of no expectation. I never open up completely again to such a one as that. Never. I can be cordial but cordial is superficial. I can do that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee!  :)
      June 25, 2019 4:41 AM MDT