Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Why do women have so many types of shoes? Men only wear shoes.

Why do women have so many types of shoes? Men only wear shoes.

Posted - June 25, 2019

Responses

Whaddaya mean "Men only wear shoes"?
    We wear plenty of types, as well.  Just taking a walk downtown, I see men wearing the following styles from your pic:

Okay - "rain" and "knee" boots, I have to go to the dock area to see. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at September 28, 2022 8:13 AM MDT
      June 25, 2019 3:15 PM MDT

I would not say: "Hey...look at my new loafers." Actually, I wouldn't say anything about them at all. They're just shoes.
      June 25, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

I go into a shoe store ... and I ask for a specific type of shoe.
    "I need to see your sneakers."
    "I need to check our some boots."

Otherwise, the salesperson has no idea what I'm looking for.
      June 27, 2019 8:22 AM MDT

That's why I go to Walmart. Self-serve.
      June 27, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

• HAH!  You obviously haven't peered into MY shoe closet.  I have all types of styles and colors.  Of course I'm not exactly the standard am I?  I have far too much fabulousness to settle for a very limited amount of choices in foot apparel.  I think the problem might be that you just aren't shopping at the right places E99.  I have a great idea...why don't I take you along with me next time I do some shoe shopping.  I promise you its an experience you'll never forget, no matter how hard you try.

June 25, 2019 5:28 PM MDT

Dude...they're still just shoes. OK...let's head on over to Walmart.
      June 25, 2019 5:39 PM MDT

Sandals, flippers, cowboy boots, loafers, crocs, tennis shoes, sneakers, basketball shoe, track shoe, oxfords, hiking boot, work boot, rubber boot, slippers...
      June 25, 2019 7:46 PM MDT

• Muck, sh1t kickers , steel toes, hiking, work, spiked loggers,  and mickey mouse This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 25, 2019 9:42 PM MDT
      June 25, 2019 9:41 PM MDT

I think men wear a LOT of different kinds of shoes.  Probably as many kinds as women have.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 28, 2022 8:13 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 12:17 AM MDT

But we still only call them shoes. Hey...look at my triple monks? NO...look at my shoes.
      June 26, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

Have I made my point?  Can I stop now?  I have loads more....

June 26, 2019 12:22 AM MDT

Wait, what . . . ?

:(
      September 28, 2022 8:15 AM MDT

It's partly a function of the fashion industry, partly a culture which expects us to dress appropriately for each occasion, and partly affluence.
    Consider someone in the third world: it's likely they may have no shoes or only a very few pairs, probably second hand and many times resoled and mended.

I'm sure most Westernised men wear more than just shoes. They'll probably have slides, bedroom slippers, boots for hiking or work, formal shoes, casual shoes, sports shoes, and gumboots or equivalent for wet days.

Queens and trannies will probably have a huge range.

Some women have only their orthotics; nothing else would work.
      September 30, 2022 9:47 PM MDT

It's partly a function of the fashion industry, partly a culture which expects us to dress appropriately for each occasion, and partly affluence.
    Consider someone in the third world: it's likely they may have no shoes or only a very few pairs, probably second hand and many times resoled and mended.

I'm sure most Westernised men wear more than just shoes. They'll probably have slides, bedroom slippers, boots for hiking or work, formal shoes, casual shoes, sports shoes, and gumboots or equivalent for wet days.

Queens and trannies will probably have a huge range.

Some women have only their orthotics; nothing else would work.
      September 30, 2022 9:51 PM MDT

I have only three pairs - sneakers, boots (elastic sided and shined, I can and have worn them on formal occasions) and thongs (flip flops to you Americans and Brits). This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 1, 2022 12:58 AM MDT
      October 1, 2022 12:58 AM MDT