Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any arthritis sufferers out there? Are you in pain 24/7 or is it transitory temporary erratic?

Any arthritis sufferers out there? Are you in pain 24/7 or is it transitory temporary erratic?

Posted - June 26, 2019

Responses

Much of arthritis can be managed and even cured.

The joints are filled with toxins.  There are ways to eliminate the problem.  The REASON no one does, is because they do not believe that changing anything like diet and exercise would matter.  They are too busy suffering to ever consider that they don't need to.  

There are so many different avenues to relief that it is silly to just try your local Western Med pill pusher.

The road to self-discovery is very time-consuming.  The road to health demands an iron will. Most people's wills have been beaten down long before the arthritis set in.

You need the proper nutrients.  You need a great healer (Chinese medicine is phenomenal) and you need to do the work to get well.  The toughest work is the strength needed to open one's own mind and never give up.  Keep reading and keep researching.  Most info is at our fingertips.

If I had cancer and had enough money, I would not hesitate to go to the Hippocrates Health Institute.

The have the best people.  (Trump would be jealous)

Arthritis-No Pain, Medication

1. Home
    2. Hippocrates InformationSuccess StoriesInfection
    3. Arthritis-No Pain, Medication

Arthritis-No Pain, Medication

After getting a fever, I developed reactive arthritis (ReA), not rheumatoid arthritis. ReA is an autoimmune condition associated with inflammation in the eyes. It can destroy the cartilage in the joints by attacking the immune system, and in most cases it’s caused by a bacterial infection. My health deteriorated and my level of frustration with the medical team quickly escalated. The results of the blood tests I requested were not positive. The doctors recommended taking more drugs, but again I refused and decided to visit a homeopathic doctor, who said I would be able to eat anything I wanted, but to make sure I was taking high quality supplements. I trusted him, yet was not about to eat just anything, so I followed a diet predominantly composed of fish and vegetables. My health began improving with a healthier diet. It was a motivation to keep me pushing forward on my path toward healing.

I continued taking steroids for almost two years even though it wasn’t helping, but I got progressively worse. The paralyzing pain spread immediately from my feet to my knees, hips, and back—basically all throughout my joints. The timing couldn’t be worse. I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis three days before starting my first job. Recently graduating from school, I was set to begin my career as a nurse. Although the pain was severe, I chose to work about 75 percent of the time. I took the pain drugs at work every four hours just to get through the day. Having a busy work schedule, sometimes I forgot to take the drugs and ended up loading up on extra pills when I remembered I missed my scheduled dosage. I became very ill and needed to sit down for half an hour to get myself together and alleviate the dizziness and fatigue. I decreased my work schedule to about half time and decided to find an alternate approach to healing.

The homeopathic doctor insisted that I stop taking the steroids and gave me anti-inflammatory pills, which helped during the summer months, but autumn and winter became very difficult. I read about healthy diets and decided to become vegan. During March of 2007, I read a book written by Anna Maria Clement. I called the person featured in the book who lived in Stockholm for more information. Interestingly enough, he was Anna Maria’s father. He told me that she was arriving in Stockholm from Florida the following day for a lecture and that she would call me. It was so cool! I attended her lecture with my mother and learned that eating living food was the right way to go. As she spoke to the group, I felt like she was talking directly to me—feeding me information that I craved my entire life. It was as if I had been sent an angel to save me.

I was unable to attend the program at Hippocrates at that time, so I conducted my own research. During the summer of 2007, I went to a living foods center in Sweden and learned a lot about live-food nutrition. I knew this diet was working right away because once I started eating living foods the pain dissipated and I was able to stop taking the prescription drugs. I told my doctor about the exciting transition. She didn’t understand my method of treatments and became angry, resulting in conflicts in our relationship. I asked her to respect my decision and assist me in the process of detoxification. She addressed my issue gravely, insisting that I take an intravenous drug once a month. They use Remicade in Sweden, which supposedly targets inflammatory disorders. Of course, I refused. Then she wanted me to have chemotherapy. I said, “absolutely not!”

I continued eating raw vegan foods and transitioned off the medicine, but was still concerned about getting proper nutrition. Realizing that I must take an active role in my healing process, I signed up for the three-week program at Hippocrates in March of 2009. It was the best decision I have ever made. I called one of my doctors and she couldn’t believe the transformation. She looked at my blood work and was amazed. Although she still doesn’t fully believe in the live-food diet, she was very impressed with the results. I remember one of my doctors saying that my condition was chronic and that I would be on medication for five or ten years, having to increase the dosage each year. It’s been three years and I feel great!

Currently, I’ve stopped taking the last of my medications and can go back to work at least 50 percent of the time. I’m so happy! I started acupuncture treatments, which also help a lot. I discovered that eliminating sweet fruits reduces the level of arthritis. Prior to my visit to Hippocrates, I couldn’t do anything physical. I couldn’t even dream about exercising, swimming or even going to the sauna. During my stay at Hippocrates, I began to partake in normal activities again, and now, eight months later, I can do practically anything I want. It’s amazing! I have attained a much higher level of peace. I occasionally feel tingling in my fingers because I am still detoxing, but it’s not an issue. I believe that the mind and body are closely connected. Aside from the live-food diet, I know that staying positive will ultimately keep my body healthy and feeling great. A diet based on living foods is the main reason I completely eliminated the pain medications and prescription drugs.

I am so happy and grateful to the profound teachers at Hippocrates, especially Brian and Anna Maria. It’s just an amazing place. My dream is to attend the Health Educator Program at Hippocrates and work there as a nurse and Health Educator. I just love it there!

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 27, 2019 3:30 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply. Happy Thursday.
      June 27, 2019 3:30 AM MDT

I did - I had one knee replaced last year and am now recovering from the other.

The pain was not constant, and usually not ever so severe, but it made my knees very stiff and I could not walk properly, without a very pronounced rolling limp.
      June 26, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

Our neighbor had both knees replaced too Durdle. One last year and the other one the year before. She still has pain but it is much more tolerable. It is no small undertaking to have a joint replaced. I expect you are very good about doing the recommended exercises faithfully. I'm glad the operations are behind you. Do you know if such joint replacements ever need to be done again futurely or do they last as long as you do? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 27, 2019 3:34 AM MDT

Same as me then, your neighbour.

Yes, I do exercise as recommended. it would be self-defeating not to do so.

How long they last must depend a great deal on the patient, but I think the suggest 10 years at least. They are probably improving all the time.

After last year's operation I had a brief thrombosis scare, but an ultrasound scan showed I was clear. There was an American nurse in the scanner room, I think an exchange-scheme student, as the scanner operator explained various parts of the image to her. Afterwards she said that in America, or her part of it anyway, "they" make you watch an operation first to help you decide. I assume a video, but I don't think I'd want to see it! It is a bit alarming though, being just sedated and under an epidural anaesthetic, and behind a curtain, because though you can't see or feel anything you can hear all the engineering going on! For the first knee I was so sedated I was actually unconscious.

They prefer not to give a full anaesthetic for a knee (or hip?) replacement because that's something else to recover from, though even an epidural can have some minor after-effects for a couple of days or so.

Still, I had the first physiotherapy session today, and that went well!
      June 27, 2019 6:08 AM MDT

Yes...the ball and socket of my right shoulder are rubbing together with nothing between them. They are grinding away. It is only painful when I am awake or trying to sleep. That's my next surgery. Replacement.
      June 26, 2019 5:48 PM MDT

I've heard of knee and hip replacement E but shoulder? That's a new one on me. Were you a tennis player? I wonder how the shoulder got to be in that state? Jim had surgery on his shoulder for a torn rotator cuff. It took over a year to heal. Surgery in bony areas always takes longer to heal. That's what the surgeon told him. His range of motion is almost 100%. I guess after surgery one is never "as good as new". So hurting when you are awake or asleep means you are pain-free the rest of the time? Funny guy! Thank you for your reply and here's to a successful outcome when next you are being relieved of your painful condition! :)
      June 27, 2019 3:39 AM MDT

During my life I was very active in many things that can mess up joints over time. It is also in the genes. My whole family has some form of it. I just got it the worst. Even my daughter, who is just shy of 40, has sciatica.
      June 27, 2019 8:29 AM MDT