Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Do you have a favorite memory of a day spent at an amusement park? Take us back to that moment you remember so well.

Do you have a favorite memory of a day spent at an amusement park? Take us back to that moment you remember so well.

Carefree Youth, Time With Friends,

Cotton Candy, Fireworks, Thrilling Rides, 

Motion Sickness, Screaming Laughter...

Posted - June 28, 2019

Responses

• LOL!  No one biting? 
    I'll just post a roller coaster GIF.
    I love coasters.
    Riding them and using them for drinks set on furniture.
    But I digress.

July 1, 2019 1:02 PM MDT

I want to ride this!!!!
      July 31, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

• You wanna know something weird?  I love roller coasters but when I stare at that GIF for an extended period I actually start to feel a little disoriented.  Either I need more Dramamine or fewer wine coolers. 
      July 31, 2019 5:35 PM MDT

Fewer wine coolers? There is no good reason for that way of thinking -- and, hey, I'll need a lot of them for that Daigle concert!
    :)

I'm usually fine on coasters -- the gif just looks like a blast to me. But those "CircleRides"? That's where I get disoriented!

July 31, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

On second thought, I came back to the gif here - - and I got a little dizzy.
      July 31, 2019 6:15 PM MDT

just kidding about those wine coolers -- ( but I do really like them) I haven't had one in a long while- - and drinking a lot of them sounds good.

As always, a big wink on Lauren Daigle, too
    ;)
      July 31, 2019 7:03 PM MDT

Good for you, reviving the question.

I am in the middle of answering you on another question.  But, I'll be back telling you all about my terror of roller coasters and ferris wheels.  Oh, wait, I just did. Okay, then.  And I am no fan of standing in lines for ANYTHING.
      July 1, 2019 1:05 PM MDT

•   July 1, 2019 1:55 PM MDT

I see that I have already "liked' your question -- how did I NOT answer from back then?

I, too, love roller coasters -- and I often go to amusement parks alone (many of my friends don't really like coasters).

I was alone at a park, waiting in line for a coaster in the morning opening hours for the park. A husband and wife and their two children, about ten or eleven looking, stepped into line behind me. It was their first trip to this park -- Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, USA - - a GREATGREATGREATGREAT park!!

I've been to the park literally hundreds of times probably.

We all started talking and having a truly fun time.

After we rode the coaster, the couple asked me 'Where are you going next?" I told them that often, after riding a coaster or two at the front of the park, I then walk quickly, non-stop, to the BACK of the park and work myself from the back of the park to the front, ride by ride -- by doing that, I often miss the longer lines as most of the crowd work from front-of-the-park-to-the-back.

And they asked, "Can we go with you? You seem to really know the park and we want to hit the best stuff."
    "Sure!" I said.

You know what? After meeting each other for the first time less than hour earlier, we five ended up spending the entire, entire day and evening together, including meals in the park. 

What a fun day that was!

We all kept in contact, even, for awhile after that. I remember they sent me a post card from another amusement park they went to. We since have lost touch.

but it's all good

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 17, 2022 5:10 AM MST
      July 31, 2019 5:29 PM MDT

Knott’s Berry Farm in California back when I was single. Ferris wheel, windy day, dusk was setting in, when it got to the very top and paused for a second, right then and there high above the crowd below, she and I shared our first kiss.
    ~

November 17, 2022 5:12 AM MST