Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Remember way back when TV was referred to as THE BOOB TUBE? D'ya know WHY?

Remember way back when TV was referred to as THE BOOB TUBE? D'ya know WHY?

BOOB TUBE  

"..from the notion that television programming is FOOLISH, INDUCES FOOLISHNESS,OR IS WATCHED BY FOOLISH PEOPLE"

Well the sb prez fits that perfectly. He is addicted to the boob tube and as such has become boobier since he was installed by Russia to be the sb prez. If the shoe fits. Right? Let's all not forget that BOOB stands alone in its majesty as well.

BOOB (no body part interpretation..those who must refer to a body part stifle it)

"A stupid person, fool, dunce..."

So the BOOB is obsessed with the BOOB TUBE. A thing of pride no doubt.

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

LOL!

Well, that definition of "Boob" is American, though in Britain we sometimes say someone has "boobed" if he or she has made a mess of something.

But I'm afraid also over here, a "Boob Tube" is/was never the television, but a fashionable upper garment for young women.....
      June 30, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

I did not know that Durdle. One can get into a great deal of trouble by NOT knowing the local lexicon. Thank you for your informative reply m'dear and Happy Monday to you! :)
      July 1, 2019 3:36 AM MDT

Thank you! Well it's nearly Tuesday here so I'll wish you a Happy Tuesday.

The old slang word for the TV here was "goggle box", but I have not heard if for many years. I think it referred to viewers just watching indiscriminately because it's on, rather than the people in the programmes. 
      July 1, 2019 3:44 PM MDT