Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Arby's has SERIOUSLY come up with the ANTI-VEGETARIAN carrot. THE MARROT. A CARROT-SHAPED GLOB of MEAT. WHY IS THIS APPEALING?

Arby's has SERIOUSLY come up with the ANTI-VEGETARIAN carrot. THE MARROT. A CARROT-SHAPED GLOB of MEAT. WHY IS THIS APPEALING?

WHY DON'T THEY CALL IT FOOD FOR THE BASE? That is the only type of vegetable any of them eat anyway.  MEAT vegetables.  

Arby's has created the first meat-based vegetable called a "Marrot." There are no plans to make the Marrot publically available for now, but the fast food chain plans to experiment with more meat-based vegetables or megetables.

Photo courtesy Arby'

Arby’s has taken its famous “We Have the Meats” slogan to a whole new plane of existence with the invention of the first meat-based vegetables — or “Megetable,” as the company has dubbed its creation. 

This week, Arby's unveiled the “Marrot,” the fast food chain's response to the growing trend of plant-based meats. The meat-based carrot was created by Neville Craw, Arby's brand executive chef, and his sous-chef, Thomas Kippelen

“Plant-based meats are the latest incarnation of making vegetables look like what Americans really want, which is great, tasty meat,” Jim Taylor, chief marketing officer for Arby’s, said in a news release. 

Craw and Kippelen created the Marrot by cutting a whole turkey breast into the shape of a carrot, sous viding the meat for an hour before rolling it in a carrot marinade and then roasting the meat again for an hour. The result — the world’s first meat-based carrot. 

The Marrot will not be available to the public just yet, but Arby’s has plans to continue experimenting with the megetable concept. 

Posted - June 29, 2019

Responses

Nothing about Arby's is appealing.  I once had a roast beef sandwich there and it tasted like cardboard.
      June 29, 2019 12:27 PM MDT

• When it comes to shaping meat into the appearance of something else they almost got it right.  Looks firm, juicy, of acceptable size, and easily inserted into the mouth, however, it needs just a little more work to tempt and impress me.  Something doesn't look quite right yet.  I say scrap the carrot idea and make it look like a...
      June 29, 2019 1:50 PM MDT

• I prefer the old fashioned method of carrot reproduction.

June 29, 2019 4:34 PM MDT

What's the difference between this and vegetarians making vegetables look like meat? 
      June 29, 2019 4:58 PM MDT

Gee, yet again expressing your blazingly blind hatred for the fact that people are free to think differently than you do, so you heap baseless assumptions that they are the ones who came up with the idea. Typical for you. Imagine the surprise if you actually looked into it instead of just blathering your propaganda?

June 29, 2019 6:29 PM MDT

I never eat at Arby's so I just don't carrot all about it.

I wonder if the people in the Arby's test kitchen will get their marrot pay for this.
      June 29, 2019 6:59 PM MDT

Wow. They really don't like vegetables or vegetarians, do they? 

At least they don't add beef to their French fries like McDonalds. 
      June 29, 2019 8:29 PM MDT

• This is leaps.and bounds more acceptable than soy dogs and grain burgers.
      June 29, 2019 9:09 PM MDT

I actually worked at Arby's when I was in high school and for a little while after. I was a vegetarian. lol

The point of this wasn't to create a product to appeal to the masses. It was a marketing ploy to get people to talk about Arby's. They're a meat company and they did something ridiculous to show their love of meat. And, you shared it. Score: Arby's 1, Sharonna 0. ;)
      June 30, 2019 1:44 AM MDT