Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you do your share or do you leave it to others and you do as little as you can get away with doing because you just don't care?

Do you do your share or do you leave it to others and you do as little as you can get away with doing because you just don't care?

I'm talking about participating in the politics of your country. Do you just sit it out and let the chips fall where they may and just remain indifferent detached uninvolved?  Or do you participate? Why?

Posted - June 30, 2019

Responses

• Since when did politics become the only legitimate way to participate or contribute to society? 

And just how does rejecting the corrosive, distorted, and irrational priorities political hacks dish out every day qualify as laziness? 

Let me me suggest something : Most people still value truth, tolerance, and justice, and they behave decently in their own lives - But more and more they find that's only possible when they give up conventional politics and look for something else more meaningful.

Maybe you should look closer at what you're really asking. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 30, 2019 6:09 AM MDT
      June 30, 2019 5:03 AM MDT

Where did I say it is the ONLY way? Why do you assume something not in evidence? Curious peculiar queer perplexing. Thank you for being here and Happy Sunday.
      June 30, 2019 6:10 AM MDT

• Is this "not in evidence" ??

"I'm talking about participating in the politics of your country"

Can you understand why many might think your kind of "participation" leads nowhere?
      June 30, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

It depends on what you mean by doing my share and participating. I can answer only as politics pertains to me personally. My answer may be unpopular and offend some people but here it goes. Scripture shows me that I, as a Christian, has specific responsibilities to society and government. One is to be subject unto the authorities (Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1). Another is that I am to pray for "all" that are in authority (1 Timothy 2:1-2). Another is that I am to pay my taxes (Romans 13:6-7, Matthew 22:21). Nothing in the Bible mentions voting but I have and do. The only limitation on the above occurs when I am commanded by men (government) to do something contrary to the known will of God. In light of the above, it is not open for me as a Christian to be a political dissenter, rebel or revolutionary.

There are several reasons why I won't get any further involved in politics than what I mentioned above but I'll mention only two or three here. First of all, the political world is openly antagonistic to Christian principles and is riddled with humanist thinking. Second, there are no Scriptures to indicate that the Christian should attempt to influence things for good through political processes and activities. Also, there would be a danger for me, as a Christian, if I aspire to positions of power in the world because I would expose myself to the world’s (political) corruption, it's thinking, and its sin.
      June 30, 2019 5:52 AM MDT

Of course I understand that religious beliefs/practices are put first. There is no need to justify anything further than that. Thank you for your thoughtful reply ru and Happy Sunday to you! :)

The Constitution says nothing about not charging/indicting a sitting president but the powers that be so decree it cannot be done. SEZ WHO? A buncha crackpot wackadoodles..  SIGH. This post was edited by RosieG at June 30, 2019 7:08 AM MDT
      June 30, 2019 7:07 AM MDT