Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Military » Why is it so many military personnel are willing to put their lives on the line for our worthless, cowardly president?

Why is it so many military personnel are willing to put their lives on the line for our worthless, cowardly president?

Posted - July 3, 2019

Responses

It’s about serving your country, the people who live there and the freedoms they cherish.
    But as of this moment, Trump hasn’t inserted personal fealty to him into the Oath of Enlistment.
    How far off could that be....

Every few years, someone new becomes Commander-in-Chief, but unfortunately Americans weren’t smart enough to elect a candidate worthy of that charge. Now we get to watch a heedless draft dodger parade US military wares for his own political and personal aggrandizement. Is it merely irony that this grotesque cry for attention also potentially violates provisions of that very same Oath of Enlistment? 
      July 3, 2019 10:05 PM MDT

Bet the only reason Trump hasn’t inserted personal fealty to him into the Oath of Enlistment is because he can't spell fealty. Seems to me he puts him self before his country so I'm sure he would love to have it in there. Cheers!
      July 3, 2019 10:19 PM MDT

Once conscripted into and army world wide ,you disobey any order on the fear of death and even more so if you are at war....
      July 4, 2019 1:49 AM MDT

Conscripts or not, the death sentence, for mutiny if not insubordination, may apply in some countries, but I think in most it would have to be an extremely serious offence to merit worse than being court-martialled, imprisoned then given a dishonourable discharge.

Although a lot of soldiers were shot for alleged "cowardice" in WW1, I doubt very much if that would be at all legal now - more likely the senior officer responsible would be on trial for murder.  
      September 15, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

I hope you are right....I wonder how many despot countries in the Middle East ,Africa ,China ,Korea or south America deals with such things...  
      September 15, 2019 4:11 PM MDT

The United States Military serves the country, not the president.
      July 4, 2019 8:49 AM MDT

Remember the American Revolutionary War?  The American soldiers were equipped in rags and were not paid. Washington was a mediocre military leader in some opinions. Why not put down their weapons and go home to the farm and plant crops?  Well, they fought on for the future of their families. Besides, without American independence, there would be no Three Stooges! 
      July 4, 2019 10:25 AM MDT