Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » i just found out the restaurant I work in is being closed PERMANENTLY?

i just found out the restaurant I work in is being closed PERMANENTLY?

have you ever worked somewhere that closed down during your time as an employee there? 

im surprised it took this long. they'll be filing bankruptcy by the end of 2019 I bet 

Posted - July 4, 2019

Responses

I worked 10 years for a major media company. They had to downsize a few branches including mine. I came in one day and several of the younger chicks were crying. They dumped 40 people, but put me in touch with a local employee retraining program. I think this deal is available in some other states. 
      July 4, 2019 7:00 PM MDT

It didn't close down, but it was sold and its name changed. I wasn't offered to stay. I really liked that job as it was physical and gave me something to do in the Summer.
      July 4, 2019 7:16 PM MDT

I used to be a truck driver before I was a stay-at-home mom.  The company where I had my first truck driving job closed because the owner retired and he sold all of the trucks and he sold the terminal because he didn't want to give the company to his kids.

The last company where I worked almost went out of business because the operations manager just wasn't all that smart.  One Monday morning we had 11 drivers but thanks to the operations manager we had two drivers left by Friday morning and the only reason why those two drivers were left was because their driving records were so bad nobody else would hire them.  I was pregnant when that happened so I was on office duty as a dispatcher which was a total nightmare because companies kept calling me wanting to know where their shipments were.  The owner of that company fired the manager and he managed to hire more drivers the next week.
      July 4, 2019 7:41 PM MDT

More than ten times.  I have had at least 300 jobs. AT LEAST.  
      July 4, 2019 10:28 PM MDT

Bull manure!  I had a friend who claimed he had slept with many thousands of ladies. Impossible. Stop. 
      July 5, 2019 7:42 AM MDT

One would think as god you would have known this was coming. 
      July 5, 2019 6:41 AM MDT