Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » i really want to start reading magazines so can you recommend a magazine you think id like

i really want to start reading magazines so can you recommend a magazine you think id like

Posted - July 8, 2019

Responses

July 8, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

I cannot figure out how they manage to print 12 magazines a year with 100 pages or so of information we already knew 50 years ago over and over and over.  

And charge a LOT for it.  
      July 8, 2019 11:31 AM MDT

I don't know much about that stuff, but I have little interest and would never buy one.
      July 8, 2019 2:03 PM MDT

The Onion is an American satirical digital media company and newspaper organization that publishes articles on international, national, and local news. Based in Chicago, the company originated as a weekly print publication on August 29, 1988 in Madison, Wisconsin. In the spring of 1996, The Onion began publishing online.

In 2007, the organization began publishing satirical news audio and video online, as the Onion News Network. In 2013, The Onion ceased publishing its print edition and launched Onion Labs, an advertising agency.
    The Onion's articles cover current events, both real and fictional, satirizing the tone and format of traditional news organizations with stories, editorials, op-ed pieces, and man-on-the-street interviews using a traditional news website layout and an editorial voice modeled after that of the Associated Press. The publication’s humor often depends on presenting mundane, everyday events as newsworthy, surreal, or alarming (such as "Rotation of Earth Throws Entire North American Continent into Darkness"). In 1999, comedian Bob Odenkirk praised the publication, stating, "It's the best comedy writing in the country, and it has been since it started." 

The Onion also runs The A.V. Club and ClickHole. Initially created in 1993 as a supplement to the parent publication, The A.V. Club is an entertainment and pop culture publication that contains interviews and reviews of newly released media and other weekly features. ClickHole is a satirical website from The Onion founded in 2014 that parodies clickbait websites such as BuzzFeed and Upworthy. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 8, 2019 8:05 PM MDT
      July 8, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

• What is Shelf Heroes?

Thanks for asking. The Shelf Heroes zine is an intermittent printed fanzine created by people who love cinema. It celebrates great (and not so great) films one letter at a time.

Collecting submissions from a diverse gang of artists and writers, each issue pulls its inspiration from films beginning with a chosen letter of the alphabet – imaginatively starting with A. Think Alien, Apocalypse Now, Avatar and American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt.

With no brief other than to “pick a movie and do whatever you want”, we’ve produced a publication as diverse and individual as the moving images that inspired it.

https://shelfheroes.com/

July 8, 2019 12:04 PM MDT

July 8, 2019 1:06 PM MDT

Mad Magazine.
    I think it would be right up your alley.
    But Hurry!
      July 8, 2019 1:17 PM MDT

I must get that last issue.
      July 8, 2019 2:04 PM MDT

If your name actually is 'god', you might try reading some atheist publication. I can't give you any magazine titles, because how can anyone write articles about not existing? 
      July 8, 2019 2:09 PM MDT

Playgirl Magazine. 
      July 8, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

Smithsonian, Southern Living

July 8, 2019 7:45 PM MDT