Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » In what ways do you incorporate shades of your favorite color into your everyday life? Wardrobe, home accessories, automobile color, etc...

In what ways do you incorporate shades of your favorite color into your everyday life? Wardrobe, home accessories, automobile color, etc...

Posted - July 8, 2019

Responses

I like all colors.  It is hard to pick a favorite.  

But, since you asked so nicely, I'll pick one.  
    I surround myself with my favorite color by simply looking outside, or walking outdoors.
    In fact, I need to stop playing here with all of you and go to work. 
    Sadly, I am leaving, but will incorporate my color all around me in about 10 minutes.  
    Thanks for the good time and great questions.

Have a great day and see you soon!
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 8, 2019 4:37 PM MDT
      July 8, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

How fun -- I read your answer earlier. But I failed to realize that you didn't name the color -- I sort of like that approach!
    :)
      July 9, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

I love all colours.
    Our nest is lined with wooden bookshelves with all the colours of books. Baluchistan carpets of dark maroon and navy cover the floor; South American geometric ikat cloths of green and maroon cover the furniture. A green and gold Tiffany lamp sits in one corner. The crockery is hand-made Tasmanian porcelain by Christine Ball, a ceramicist who trained in Japan - the glazes are celadon green, copper-maroon and cobalt. The vase on the coffee table has whatever flowers are in season, but often they are hues of purple.
    Me - depends on the occasion. My wardrobe's a catastrophe because I've hardly ever thrown anything out. I'll wear riotous rainbows to festival occasions, black to poetry and literary nights, darks at uni, greens and neutrals for Landcare, gardening and weed work, often white in summer, harmonies for quality days out with my friends and spouse.
    Car - white, always white. Coolest colour for a hot climate and stands out best for safety at dawn, dusk and night.

You?

This post was edited by inky at July 9, 2019 10:35 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 1:41 PM MDT

• LOL!  Funny you should ask.  Not surprisingly, I too love all colours, over time however, I admit I have allowed my quirky yet endearing obsessive compulsive behaviors to immerse me deep within a stunningly beautiful yet rather monochromatic world.  Purple is the hue of choice and I milk the violet dyes in life for all they are worth.  I like to remind people all the time that purple is the colour of royalty and also an oft preferred shade of the musical artist Prince.  So hey, that's good enough for me.  Spin the colour wheel in reference to anything regarding my life and you are sure to land anywhere between lavender and lilac.

My bath towels are purple.
    My drapes are purple.
    My toothbrush is purple.
    I have Purple notebooks
    I treasure my Purple lamps
    There is an overabundance of purple shirts
    as well as purple shoes in my wardrobe.
    A bookshelf filled with a plethora of purple bibles in various translations
    as well as beloved copies of the children's book, "Harold And The Purple Crayon"
    I am currently sitting at a purple crafting table to type this.
    I have dyed my hair purple
    I have a pretty pink and purple sunburst tattoo on my arm (rather pagan looking, LOL)
    My bed is overcrowded with purple pillows
    and I love my purple dishes/place settings.  Not used only for special times but rather, for special people.
    I am a non-traditionalist when it comes to Christmas Decor.
    No red and green for me.  I welcome the in with season with rich purple's and resplendent golds.
    My favorite flower is the purple dwarf Iris,
    but I am drawn to any flower who adorns its petals in these tints
    and have arrangements in purple glassware throughout my home.

If it all seems a bit too much...well, that's me in a nutshell.  I am many things, but mostly I'm just me.  Lest I paint the wrong picture of my world of rainbows, I assure you I do have other colours splashed around but there is no doubt a theme which spills from my life's palette, and though it may technically be one colour, very rarely is any thing or any one simply one dimensional.  These prisms I choose to cast myself in our of many differing tones from light to dark easily suiting any mood and every occasion.

Be it amethyst, orchid, periwinkle, plum, magenta, mauve, mulberry, etc...they are all just pieces of me. 
      July 8, 2019 2:22 PM MDT

Good stuff.
    Yeah, very good stuff.
      July 8, 2019 4:46 PM MDT

I definitely have had a favorite color ever since my memories began - - brown

I don't have to do anything to incorporate it into my life because, in its wondrous quiet gentle way, the color brown is truly everywhere. One only needs to take the time to notice.

To it credit, brown is confident in itself -- it need not demand anyone's attention.

( I know -- I'm adding human characteristics  to a color -- but, indeed, I tend to think it's all true about my lifelong beloved friend brown)

Image result for brown
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 9, 2019 10:35 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 4:44 PM MDT