Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How much crap do you put up with from so-called "friends:"? Do you give it back or just disappear? Why?

How much crap do you put up with from so-called "friends:"? Do you give it back or just disappear? Why?

Posted - July 9, 2019

Responses

If it's a good friend, it isn't likely they would be giving me crap in the first place.  They know I don't do "crap."  If not, I take one or two hits, then blast them and ignore or block them.  
      July 9, 2019 12:54 PM MDT

Ever been Chinese water-tortured L? Drip drip drip drip drip drip. SIGH. A dig here. A dig there. Here a dig there a dig everywhere a dig dig dig. I don't inow what's worse. Death by installments or one fell swoop! Thank you for your reply my friend. Different topic! THE WEATHER! Oh L! AARRGGHH! I think I've told you that every morning I look up Hemet weather for 8 days for Jim. Since he plays tennis and golf it's of interest to him. Here's what it sez this morning!
    95 for today and then 101, 103, 104, 102, 101, 99, 95! How the heck did folks live without air conditioning? I trust your forecast is way better. I sure hope so! :)
      July 10, 2019 2:48 AM MDT

Well, the forecast is better, but we'll still hit about 90 today.  I hate the summer!
      July 10, 2019 5:26 AM MDT

You and us too honey! How far from the shore do you live? We're about 70 miles inland. I guess if you could see the ocean from your home you'd be enormously wealthy and not on an interet social site talking to me and your other friends but traveling the world. Sigh. Oh just learned Ross Perot passed away. Remember him? Thank you for you reply L!  :)
      July 10, 2019 6:25 AM MDT

I live about 35 miles from the shore.  I'm sure there are people who are enormously wealthy who might be on social sites and the nice thing is that you don't know who's wealthy and who isn't.  Yes, I remember Ross Perot.  I thought he was an odd little man.  A friend of mine was very gung ho about working for his campaign, spent a lot of time volunteering and then he pulled the rug out from under everyone and quit.  She was so disappointed.
      July 10, 2019 7:31 AM MDT

I was taken in by him for a little while. I confess!  I cannot imagine a billionaire spending time on an internet social site with strangers just chatting away. Seriously L don't they have very important things to do and places to be? The sb teleprompter prez does not dialogue. He lectures on twitters and tweets and tweets and bajillions follow him apparently. I mean do they tweet him? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 10, 2019 7:44 AM MDT

Billionaires have "people" to take care of things for them which allows them to spend time on social media. :)  We don't know whether Trump dialogues or not.  I'm sure his Twitter account is not the only means of communication he has.  Since I don't have a Twitter account, I don't know whether people tweet him or not.  I think they do because he blocked people who didn't say nice things about him.  
      July 10, 2019 8:18 AM MDT

Years ago on Answerbag there was a member whose name I forget who asked a question and then wrote "I only want nice people to answer". Maybe not verbatim but that was the gist. I had to laugh. When you put yourself out there you have no control over who is going to respond or how. Best you can do if they're jerk is simply ignore them. I only blocked one person. Not on an internet social site. He kep sending me huge emails that would tie up my system. Why I don't know and he was the only one whose emails did that. I asked several times and then I stopped askin g and just blocked him. Otherwise I don't block people. I just ignore the ones I have no desire to chat with. You just delete before you read. Maybe on twitter you can't do that. I figger why should I get upset or angry when I can avoid being either? Thank you for your reply!It shows what a coward scairdy cat the sb teleprompter prez is. Sheesh! :)
      July 11, 2019 5:37 AM MDT

I don't use the block feature, if it's available, unless the person is someone who takes personal swipes at me rather than engages in an actual discussion.  One they start with the name-calling, I'm done with them and I don't want to see anything else they post.  I use it sparingly.  There are posters who continually ask what I consider to be inappropriate questions or want to discuss what I consider inappropriate topics and I would like to have the option to block them, but that is not available on here.  
      July 11, 2019 7:50 AM MDT

As you know I have been relegated to my own space off the grid kinda. Fine with me. Here's what I do. I get emails of those who respond to the questions and the first thing I do is delete every offensive mugger. Get rid of 'em without reading a dam* thing. Save myself from being irritated/aggravated. Now if I encounter the moniker on a thread that others have answered I never read what they say.  I get to choose with whom I engage whether in chatting or reading or responding. But of course in order to answer any questions you have to read them first. You know honey what is "appropriate" to some may be very offensive to others. It's a crap shoot, mixed bag. I think there is something here for everyone but I wouldn't know. I have my only little cozy place and space and except for those who try to engage me for unholy reasons I'm safe. I feel ALL POWERFUL! GRRR! This post was edited by RosieG at July 12, 2019 9:16 AM MDT
      July 12, 2019 6:42 AM MDT

I understand.  I think you show more discipline in this area than I have.  More power to you. :)  Happy Friday. :)
      July 12, 2019 9:17 AM MDT

Unless it is fun pass the time kind of crap passed back and forth for laughs, passing negative nonsense back and forth is a very toxic friendship.

No thank you. I will get going now.  Bye bye bye.

WOW.  I thought this was someone dressed in a costume posing for this picture but apparently, this is a real picture of a real peacock.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 9, 2019 1:48 PM MDT
      July 9, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

The friends that I have don't give me any crap to begin nor do I give them any so I don't worry about it. :)
      July 9, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

I don't get much from friends at all.  Of course might be because I don't have many friends.  Or may be the reason I don't have many!
      July 10, 2019 6:14 AM MDT