Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is achieving an economy that is GOOD FOR EVERYONE an impossible dream? Is GOOD for some always at the expense of BAD for others? Why?

Is achieving an economy that is GOOD FOR EVERYONE an impossible dream? Is GOOD for some always at the expense of BAD for others? Why?

Posted - July 11, 2019

Responses

A good economy is an opportunity for all to improve. Not everyone takes those opportunities. Some are more aggressive and some play it safer. All of this effects the result.

Some just do not what to be part of the world...they like not having a steady job and home because it comes with bills. We had a guy quit earlier this year....he lives in a tent. And does not want any bills...rent/electric etc. He was happy in his tent.
      July 11, 2019 5:19 AM MDT

I'm going to ask a very un-p.c. question m'dear. Did he seem otherwise sane/stable to you? I can't relate to living a tumbleweed life which that would surely be. Security has always been so important to me. My credit rating too. My rating is very high because I cannot stand owing anyone anything. But I never bite off more than I can chew either. And my greatest fear would be to be unable to take care of myself financially. Physically I may not have a choice at some future time. But while I am in control and in charge I need to feel safe secure and enjoy peace of mind. So living as your former employee  does would never work for me. It would be like walking a tightrope over a deep chasm without a safety net. You never know when a windstorm would hit and then what happens? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee m2c!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 11, 2019 5:31 AM MDT
      July 11, 2019 5:30 AM MDT

Yes, he seemed  sane. When he came in he was looking to  mow the grass. Which we did have him do. And in talking to him...he told us about his tent etc. But said he would like to get something better. Well he worked good. And there was a camper available with A/C and etc....all he had to do was mow weekly about 7 acres...using a rider mower. And for money he would work for us. But he would have to pay the electric bill used by the camper.  It was too much for him. Just the idea of that monthly bill and taxes coming out of his check that was a new one for him. He lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. 

July 11, 2019 5:41 AM MDT

That's hard to believe that anyone would turn that down m2c. It was a good deal for him. How could he not know that? I wonder what will become of him and also how many people are there like that? People who offered great opportunities and turn them down? It does not compute for me. Thank you for the further clarification. It's really sad. I mean it's sad when folks don't get any breaks but when they do and they just throw them away? I dunno. Weird. This post was edited by RosieG at July 11, 2019 5:57 AM MDT
      July 11, 2019 5:56 AM MDT