Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For years you communicate quite well with certain people. Then that ability seems to weaken and you lose it. Forever or just temporarily?

For years you communicate quite well with certain people. Then that ability seems to weaken and you lose it. Forever or just temporarily?

Logically it seems to me that over time the ability to communicate with people SHOULD IMPROVE GET BETTER. When it doesn't even remain at the same level but deteriorates one wonders what the he** is happening?

Marriages break up because people just get tired or weary or bored or argue ceaselessly. The magic is gone. All that's left is detritus.

Well friends/friendly acquaintances probably experience the same dam* thing. You get bored. You get weary. You get tired of it. The exchanges seem to be contentious. So you move on because who wants to waste time being bored weary tired contentious?

Posted - July 11, 2019

Responses

I've found that for me being able to communicate well with some people remains strong for the most part. However, it sometimes weakens because you may lose contact with them for a while and getting back into the swing of things takes a bit to pick up where it left off. There are other reasons of course but that's usually the biggest one for me. :)
      July 11, 2019 5:47 AM MDT

True. I reconnected with my best friend in grammar school and junior high school two years ago ru. Hadn't seen or talked to her for decades! Jim and I met her and her daughter (her husband died 15 years ago) met for lunch and had a pleasant time. But the more we talked the more I (her too I guess) found how little we had in common. A couple of subsequent weak attempts at getting together didn't work out. She lives 70 miles away so maybe if she were closer? I don't know. But she is not political. Doesn't know how to email much less Google. Isn't interesting in what going on in the world. Her life is very secure. Her husband earned a very good living she hever has to worry about anything financially. We didn't talk politics at all because I sensed very strongly she had zero interest in it. Nice lady. Good memories. But moving forward with who she and I turned out to be? I don't see how . Thank you for your thoughtful reply!  I wonder. Does everything have a "use by" or "best by" date? I'm going to ask.
      July 11, 2019 6:06 AM MDT