Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » From the BBC. "Would humans evolve again if we rewound time?" Well whatcha think?

From the BBC. "Would humans evolve again if we rewound time?" Well whatcha think?

Posted - July 11, 2019

Responses

I believe the habit of MENTAL MASTURBATION was definitely invented by these SUPER ULTRA WHITE ELITEST people.  

How bored are they?

Engaging in intellectually stimulating conversation with little or no practical purpose.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 11, 2019 2:33 PM MDT
      July 11, 2019 12:48 PM MDT

I believe so.
    But would we still have one branch (Homo Sapien: Sapiens) or two or more?
    Would the Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons have died/bred out?

July 11, 2019 1:30 PM MDT

Geez Walt I don't know. I don't know why we're here now! Or the universe for that matter. It all seems to be such a perfect storm of good happenstance. Sure it took millions or billions of years but still how did we get here? What existed before the universe was born? I cannot imagine there being nothing and then something comes from it. I just love that question from the BBC. It got me to thinking about serendipity  and other fortuitous things. Thank you for your reply and I wish I could answer YOUR questions! Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      July 12, 2019 1:45 AM MDT

According to a story I heard on NPR the other day ... our universe's "Big Bang" was the formation of a massive black hole in another universe, and we are living in the "event horizon" of said black hole.  So our universe is expanding as material is pulled in to the black hole from the other universe.
      July 12, 2019 7:20 AM MDT

So that is the SOMETHING from which we became what we are then? How many other universes are there out there Walt? How did they begin? In the beginning was there complete nothing? How does anything come from nothing? I don't get it. Thank you for your reply m'dear. It's a fascinating subject which may never be completely understood. Well at least not by the likes of me! Sadly!  :(
      July 12, 2019 7:38 AM MDT

I doubt it. Bummer...we wouldn't have Cher and battleships. (That battleship gives me chills.)

July 11, 2019 2:42 PM MDT

I had forgotten about her or that song. I love the BBC question though E. It has triggered a bazillion more questions. I mean isn't earth a very fortuitous place? So many things had to be just right for life to occur? Taking it back further. We know there are beginnings middles and ends. So however old the Universe is what existed BEFORE? How could there be nothing and then something come from it?  Was there always something? Was there never nothing? What was the trigger/catalyst that put everything into motion? Are we just a test case? Oh boy! Thank you for your reply and the video. Didja know Cherilyn Sarkissian is half Armenian? I just threw that in for the halibut! Happy Friday kiddo! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 12, 2019 6:24 AM MDT
      July 12, 2019 1:51 AM MDT

• We never "evolved" to begin with. Those who accept that notion may very well have "evolved" from lower life forms. They may also be continuing in the process of "evolving", trying to attain the status of higher life forms. In a few million years they might make it.
      July 11, 2019 5:08 PM MDT