Discussion » Questions » Weather » When going out in extreme heat white clothes repel while black attracts it and what the heck are you doing wearing black?

When going out in extreme heat white clothes repel while black attracts it and what the heck are you doing wearing black?

Posted - July 12, 2019

Responses

I work in air conditioning.  I drive in air conditioning and I get dirty at my job.  BLACK IS THE ONLY CHOICE.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 12, 2019 12:42 PM MDT
      July 12, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

Thank YOU..  LOL 
      July 12, 2019 12:42 PM MDT

• Well there may be many reasons people wear black but sometimes I shouldn't give a dam what color you wear and why did I ask this probably to keep doing something because I can't do anything but read play chess and listen to music so I'm over and out.
      July 12, 2019 12:43 PM MDT

Black's become more than a fashion in the west.
    It's the colour artists wear so they fade into the background to put their art in the foreground.
    It's the predominant colour of clothing for religious clerics, judges, waiters, nurses trousers, punks, goths, ferals, funerals, formal attire, and casual attire.
    Maybe it shows fewer stains.
    It reminds me of Puritan England of the 16th and 17th centuries. 
    The more people wear black, the more those who don't stand out like popinjays and start to be suspected of narcissism.

I prefer Asia, where the streets are a riot of colours on men and women alike.
      July 12, 2019 12:47 PM MDT

I know, have to wear what fits.  Don't want to waste money on buying clothing that wil be too big.  (I'm on a diet). Additionally, I'm cutting back on my personal expenses, no more pedi's, changed hairdressers to one I can afford, no buying any clothes unless it's under $10.00 and watching the gas usage. 
      July 12, 2019 12:48 PM MDT

White doesn't "reflect" heat ... it merely absorbs it slower than black.
    However, it also loses heat slower.
      July 12, 2019 1:00 PM MDT

• Because white t shirts are impossible to keep clean and look.like he'll once you get anything on them.  Black T with a tank underneath when you need to cool down.
      July 12, 2019 3:49 PM MDT

black because most leggings are black and 1. it's almost period time and 2. my ass looks nice in leggings 

i do wear a lot of black because i want to relive my ~emo~ years 

today tho I'm wearing a nice thin pink hoodie i found at old navy on sale 
      July 12, 2019 3:55 PM MDT