Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you hold others to a higher standard than yourself?

Do you hold others to a higher standard than yourself?

I used to hold myself to a far higher standard then I held others. 

I was hard on myself when I fell short of those standards, but as I got older (and exponentially wiser), I realized that in the scheme of life, that no one is perfect and is with that in mind that I accept that we are all fallible. 

That doesn't exempt me or anyone else from trying our best and it doesn't exempt me or anyone else from trying to make ammends when we fall short of meeting expectations.

I recognize that I am not perfect, but I expect others to strive to be the same; imperfections and all.

Posted - July 13, 2019

Responses

Absolutely!! Even your cray cray a** people.
      July 13, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

Before I read your words, I am going to respond to the main question.  

I think that only SAINTS manage to see all as it is and not as our egoic mind continually reinforces.

Our mind constantly TALKS.  IT has a total dialogue in our heads. THAT IS NOT NORMAL. That is a product of this TIME.  We are meant to not THINK and talk to ourselves. We are meant to SEE AND BE AWARE and shut off the dialogue.  Then GOD manifests. THEN Ideas that you never realized are right at your fingertips. 

That is what God intended to me. NOT TALKING TO OURSELVES FOR AMUSEMENT.  And one of the things we unconsciously do is pretend we are great and our friends are even greater and when they fall short, we feel slighted and disappointed  IN THEM instead of where it really belongs.  WITHIN.

OK. Now, I'll read your words....

OH

You meant something very different.  

NEVER MIND then.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 13, 2019 2:01 PM MDT
      July 13, 2019 11:28 AM MDT

Everyone should keep their standards higher than their expectation from others!
      July 13, 2019 12:01 PM MDT

Good post.  Much like you, I hold myself to a high standard and hope that others strive to be the best they can be, even if their standards are lower than mine.  What I find I cannot do is spend a lot of time around people whose standards are much lower than mine if they are capable of doing better.  
      July 13, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

I will never hold anyone to a higher standard than I hold myself. That would seem hypocritical. 

I strive to be the best version of myself, I leave it to others to determine how they present to the world. 
      July 13, 2019 1:56 PM MDT

• This is kinda deep thinking for a goat.
      July 13, 2019 2:31 PM MDT