Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How can we as Americans comfort President Trump?

How can we as Americans comfort President Trump?

Posted - July 13, 2019

Responses

• My first choice would likely have been deleted.

July 13, 2019 11:41 PM MDT

What a TRUMPIAN repast.  
      July 13, 2019 11:45 PM MDT

• Yes, thoroughly disgusting. But now I am craving a vegan strawberry donut :/
      July 13, 2019 11:49 PM MDT

July 13, 2019 11:51 PM MDT

• Woot! If those are vegan, they look amazing.
      July 13, 2019 11:54 PM MDT

I searched vegan strawberry donuts and got a bunch of pictures and WHO really knows if these are truly vegan.  We can pretend.   These look great too, definitely homemade.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 14, 2019 12:03 AM MDT
      July 13, 2019 11:57 PM MDT

• Oh look, there's one for you, me, and Randy D. 

Ha, just kidding, I'd never give Randy D. one of my precious vegan donuts! 
      July 14, 2019 12:05 AM MDT

I'm very generous.  I am a total jerk, but I am a giving soul.  Let him have as many as he wants.  Go on.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 14, 2019 4:27 PM MDT
      July 14, 2019 12:45 AM MDT

• Ugh. Ok :/
      July 14, 2019 12:59 AM MDT

I just had NO idea that Randy annoyed other people besides me.  

It doesn't matter.  He doesn't believe us.
      July 14, 2019 1:25 AM MDT

Hey!  How did I get dragged into this mess?
      July 14, 2019 9:28 AM MDT

We are just being silly.  I think.   Oh wait. I just read your brilliant commentary about kids at the border.

YOU EMBARRASS ME.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 14, 2019 1:44 PM MDT
      July 14, 2019 10:47 AM MDT

•  

July 14, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

I just changed the asker's pick on here three times.  Talk about benedict Arnold.  
      July 15, 2019 12:59 PM MDT

When he is in jail show him pictures of kids in kennels and i'm sure he'll feel better. 
      July 14, 2019 12:55 AM MDT

If there has been concrete evidence that the original photo of a caged child was taken during President Barack Obama‘s term in office, would you also decry it as much as you’re doing now?
      July 14, 2019 9:28 AM MDT

No reason to support kids in kennels under any circumstances 
      July 14, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

Kittigate, do those circumstances also include not supporting it when it took place under Obama‘s tenure as US president, or should that circumstance be ignored?
    ~
      July 14, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

Randy D, Are you one of his (to quote Donald) "African Americans?"

Don't get mad at me, Trump said it... This post was edited by Jon at July 14, 2019 5:09 PM MDT
      July 14, 2019 5:01 PM MDT

I don't know 
      July 15, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

Randy, if OBAMA JUMPED OFF THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE DOES THAT MAKE IT OKAY TO PUT KIDS IN CAGES?  

I am not going to get into this brutality.  I am not going to compare anything Obama was involved in to THIS because?  It would take too long.  You would keep trying to WIN an argument.  I would keep trying to show you the differences.  THEY ARE HUGE.  I harted Obama and many of the stands he took WITH the GOP.  And that is the clincher.  He betrayed his own party and caved.  TO THE GOP.

NOT his choices.  THE GOP.  OKAY?  

TRUMP IS LOVING EVERY STARVING KID HE IS STARVING.  Obama was guilty of putting the head in the sand.  No medals there.  

BUT TRUMP?  He is glorifying this.  And encouraging their torture.  THAT IS A HUGE ASS DIFFERENCE MY BORTHAH>
      July 15, 2019 1:04 PM MDT

That's about the toughest question I've read.

His insecurity has to go way back to his earliest formative years.
    He's a narcissist so he takes everything personally -
    has no empathy - no realistic theory of the mind of others - boundary problems abound, literally.
    It's immaturity - an emotionally very young mind.

Narcissists almost never enter into serious self-reflection - and never recover -
    because the depth of their unconscious suffering is too much for them to cope with.
    Their only defence is to inflate themselves,
    try to manipulate everyone around them to get their way, 
    reinforce their prefered self-image,
    and blame outside factors, others and the world when anything goes wrong.

That which feels like comfort to the narcissist
    is in fact only reinforcing their ego.

Even if the whole world crashes down on such a person
    he will never see it as a consequence of his own behaviour.
      July 14, 2019 1:22 AM MDT

Donald Trump does not respect weakness.  He cannot.  He is the weakest person alive.  He has no moral center, no integrity,  no code except to be applauded.  It does not have to be genuine either.  He lives in a mental vacuum that he cannot comprehend.  He has no idea.  

He shouts every single WRONG DOING to the WORLD by accusing his enemies of his crimes.

LOCK HER UP?   Hilary didn't do one thing to be locked up.  TRUMP HAS DONE AT LEAST 50 things.

Mexicans are rapists?  Trump has been sexually accused by 22 women.  Not all are liars.  Like NONE of them are liars.  They all tell the same story he admitted to on the Access Hollywood Tape.

ALL OF THEM.

Even if the whole world crashes down on TRUMP and he is rotting in jail, he would NEVER admit any wrongdoing.

NEVER  EVER.  Just like EVERY sociopath in jail.  Just like every narcissist.  

Thanks book.  This was the answer.  For sure.

July 14, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

I think he's always lived in a bubble in the sense that he's never experienced poverty - has no conception of the barriers to climbing out of it.

I think he does have a sense of morality - but it belongs to a far-right social milieu that was common to most of the world 200 years ago.

He definitely does not have the empathy or insight to understand how other people and countries are affected by his words and actions.
    Instead, he has formulas for pleasing those who form his power-base - and there's very little he could do that would cause them to abandon their loyalty.

Such people are fixed in their mindsets. If you were to ask them to seriously examine the logic and facts behind alternative points of view, they would simply refuse. Try asking them to read one chapter of Peter Singer's Practical Ethics and see what response comes back.
      July 14, 2019 3:03 PM MDT