Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do ya think ICE might pick up a few illegal Chinese and Koreans and send them packing? Maybe some Russians or Somalis?

Do ya think ICE might pick up a few illegal Chinese and Koreans and send them packing? Maybe some Russians or Somalis?

Not likely.

Posted - July 14, 2019

Responses

If they are among the illegals who have been ordered deported....yes. They are fulfilling court ordered deportations. The people have had their day in court and the judge said they must be returned to their home country.
      July 14, 2019 8:56 AM MDT

Unfortunately, far too many people assume that the overall topic of immigration in the US only refers to the US and Mexico, or the US and Mexican citizens, or only the US and Central America, or only citizens from Central and/or South America, or only Latinos, etc. When looking at geographical and political evidence of the reasons people emigrate to the US, it’s easy to mistakenly derive a particular mind-set. The fact that more than 90% (that’s a layman’s estimate) of the news coverage and social media discussions only focuses on it in that vein adds to the assumption.
      In reality, there are people from all parts of the world who emigrate the US, both legally and illegally, the later of whom including those who entered the country legally and are no longer in legal status. 

Knee-jerk reactions to stimuli can cause people to remain uninformed about issues if and when they are unwilling to educate themselves further, or not interested in truths that don’t fit their agendas.
    ~
      July 14, 2019 9:21 AM MDT

You are correct, there are laws, but I'm talking reality.
      July 14, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

And so am I. You asked what ICE might do, that’s what I responded to. In no news report that referenced ICE raids have I heard any particular country or nationality mentioned. Have you? Some people in general think “Mexico”, “Mexicans”, “Hispanics”, “Central Americans “, etc. Just because a lot of people think something doesn’t automatically make it true. 
    ~
      July 14, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

I'm not sure who you are addressing, but I think most of us can just look around and see that immigrants come from all over the globe, not just from Latin America.  The current media coverage is focusing on the the most pressing issues as it should. Not long ago, the focus was on Muslim immigration issues and the Syrian refugees.  
      July 14, 2019 12:25 PM MDT

I’m not addressing any particular person or persons; it’s a statement. Anyone who reads it can be its recipient, there’s no “target audience“, so to speak. 
    ~
      July 14, 2019 1:28 PM MDT

Well then, as the recipient of your statement, I am pointing out that I disagree with most of it. BTW, in my day-to-day life, I come in contact with immigrants from Ukraine, Tibet, the Philippines, Laos, South Africa, Somalia and the UK (oddly, no Central Americans although they are certainly around here).  The current media coverage of the crisis at the southern border has not made me forget where these people from. This post was edited by Jane S at July 14, 2019 6:00 PM MDT
      July 14, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

If your disagreement stems from your personal knowledge, does it absolve the fact that many other people, especially those who don’t personally know any immigrants, are the ones to whom I refer in my statement?  In your case, it does not apply, fine, but I’m not saying I know each and every person‘s situation nor every person’s level of knowledge on the topic. That would be impossible, which is why I didn’t phrase it that way.  It’s a generality, because I do not know nor have I interviewed every person in the US to gauge his or her standpoint.  The statement itself is accurate, and if you don’t think so, keep in mind that the education level of the average American is not always something to write home about. The average person doesn’t know basic readin’, writin’, ‘rithmitic, geography, civics, science, etc., etc., etc.
    ~
      July 14, 2019 6:15 PM MDT

I don't happen to agree that the average person lives under a rock and has the attention span of a gnat. Nor do I agree that the average person is functionally illiterate. If the majority of people you encounter are like that, then I can see why you made that generalization. 
      July 14, 2019 8:05 PM MDT

I'll TELL YOU ONE THING THAT IS INFORMED, BUD. THOSE PICTURES AT THE BORDER.  THOSE ARE NOT FAKED.  I don't give a RAT'S PATOOTIE about other countries. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY.  WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE welcoming the poor and the afflicted. NOT caging their kids, never to maybe be reunited again.

I DO NOT CARE WHAT OTHER COUNTRY IS BAD. WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED  TO DO THIS CRAP.  OKAY:????????

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 14, 2019 12:36 PM MDT
      July 14, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

Who wrote anything about other countries being bad?  I certainly did not. Once again, you’re failing to read for the sake of comprehension. Read-the-words, understand-what-you-read.  That’s what reading for comprehension means. 
    ~
      July 14, 2019 1:26 PM MDT

By the way, you’ve brought up another topic altogether about photos at the border not being faked. It is your right to introduce a new topic, fine, but just for clarification, my response has absolutely nothing to do with photos, faked or not.  You're responding to your agenda, but not to my post. 

~
      July 14, 2019 9:56 PM MDT

I would think so along with a few Syrians, Irish, Poles, and a whole lot of others.  The basket is chock full so why go after something difficult ........

Just Saying
      July 14, 2019 9:26 AM MDT

Yes. But Norwegians are safe.
      July 14, 2019 10:22 AM MDT

The Swedes are safe, too. 
      July 14, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

Spunky do not get me started on Swedes.....  IMO Finns and Danes are OK
      July 14, 2019 11:54 AM MDT

Sorry if I hit a sore spot.  :)  There's an interesting article in today's New York Times regarding Sweden and it's problem with immigration.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/11/business/sweden-economy-immigration.html?searchResultPosition=2
      July 14, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

Spunky this is a different issue than the jokes I was referring too.  Norwegians tend to make fun of Swedes, and my family has some Norwegian members.  It is  the spelling of Lutefisk (Norwegian) from Lutfisk (Swedish) among other things.

The NYT article was a feel good piece and does not represent the true problems in Sweden.  Short list includes beyond the NYT article the increase in the number of rapes committed, primarily by Muslim Males.  This has caused the cancellation of this Summers music fests, all except those for women only because of the Muslim treatment and actions towards women.  The number of Feral Muslim males in and around Stockholms Central Station has made the Station and area unsafe.  Google the articles, you will be shocked.  Crime in general has increased dramatically, the Muslim walk off the job because they are expected to work, and the incidence of workplace injury due to drug use is on the increase.  The injuries happen to whom?  You guessed it Muslim Males.

The article also illuminates another Fallacy of the Merkl refugee situation.  that is there were supposed to be only Syrian and Iraqi refugees.  Did you read the Afghani, Somali and in the overseas version Libyan folks.   I was stuck on a voluntold project interviewing refugees in Austria.  Fully 70% were non Syrian or Iraqi, and fully 80% of the total were economic refugees. The Somalis are the worst of the lot.

Spunky I live this problem everyday.  I have to listen to the Elites fron Brussels, NYC, LA and elsewhere pontificate about the problem they created.  they are now blaming it on us.  This is on reason I detest NYC, LA and a few other epicenters of NPC and SJW folks.  I have seen the reactions to their "solutions", it is the rise of the right which we all though was dead.

Yes this is a sore point.
      July 14, 2019 3:32 PM MDT

It is a very serious situation - one which is not easy to fix.  If the asylum seekers were supposed to be Syrian and Iraqi, did the government not have the right to return them?  Were they compelled to take them in?  
      July 14, 2019 4:09 PM MDT

Asylum laws and regulations are not country-specific.
    ~
      July 14, 2019 4:38 PM MDT

Are you saying that if someone comes to your (country's) door seeking asylum, you have to let them in?
      July 14, 2019 5:36 PM MDT

No, I’m not referring to that at all. Please take my statement completely at face value: I’m merely stating that being Syrian or Iraqi or any other nationality is not the basis for adjudicating or granting or denying asylum. For example, in my city alone, there is an extremely large community (hundreds if not thousands) of Iraqi people, many of whom sought asylum in order to get here. I also know people from every continent who are in the US after having sought asylum. 
    ~
      July 14, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

I was under the impression that the Swedes specifically agreed to take asylum seekers from Syria and Iraq.  I understand that a person can seek asylum from any country to any country, but because of the seriousness of the Syrian situation being so critical, they were given priority.  Maybe I'm wrong.
      July 14, 2019 8:48 PM MDT

Spunky they got what they were shipped.  It was the overflow from Germany which Denmark would not accept.. BTW Denmark did not accept any refugees on the Merkl debacle, and still has not.  I would suggest throwing away your NY Times and Washington Post articles and start reading the Guardian, Le Monde, Frankfurter Algermaine or De Presse.

US Press this days is over biased with more than a hint of Political Pandering.  AKA these outlets especially NY, LA and DC have an agenda.  Their articles are shaped to dupe the populace
      July 15, 2019 10:26 AM MDT