Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Where are our resident "Pro-Lifers"? Why won't the US Conservatives help a young man garanteed to be put to death for being gay?

Where are our resident "Pro-Lifers"? Why won't the US Conservatives help a young man garanteed to be put to death for being gay?

WATCH HOW MANY CHRISTIAN RIGHT "PRO LIFERS" FLOCK TO HELP...

A gay teen from Iran was told he has three weeks to leave Sweden after his asylum claim was rejected. Mehdi Shokr Khoda, 19, is Christian and said that he fears for his life if he is forced to go back to Iran.

“I cannot live open as a gay in Iran,”  “They won’t understand something about you. They will just kill you first.”

Last year, the Migration Board in Sweden rejected Khoda’s asylum claim, saying that he there wasn’t enough evidence that he is gay and Christian.

In appealing the decision, Khoda’s boyfriend of 18 months Carlo Rapisarda, 22, appeared before the board.

“We live together, we love each other, we’ve known each other a long time. Isn’t that evidence enough?” Rapisarda asked.

But apparently that wasn’t enough, since, he said, there’s no foolproof test for whether someone is gay. “There’s not a scientific way. You can’t hook him up to cables and check.”

The Swedish Federation for LGBT Rights also wrote a letter on Khoda’s behalf.  “There’s no doubt,” the letter said. “Mehdi is gay and in need of protection.”

The Migration Board rejected Khoda’s appeal, saying that he was unable to explain his coming out process. Khoda signed a paper saying that he had three weeks to leave the country. Even though he will not be forcibly put on a plane, he will have to live as an undocumented person in Sweden if he stays. 

Now that his case has gotten international media attention, he is sure that Iranian authorities will figure out that he’s gay. Authorities in Iran “will absolutely figure it out,” Khoda said. “They’ll ask questions.”

“If they find out I’m Christian or I’m gay or I tried to seek asylum, they will not understand that,” he said. “They will execute me.”  
While he and Rapisarda could get married, they can’t organize a marriage in such a short time in Sweden.

Khoda was baptized in Sweden, and the Migration Board said that his “thoughts and reflections” on Christianity weren’t good enough to prove that he is really Christian.

They are planning to appeal this decision, saying that international media attention will make it impossible for Khoda to return to Iran. They have started a GoFundMe to help with legal fees  - https://www.gofundme.com/help-gay-couple-being-deported-to-iran

Posted - July 16, 2019

Responses

• You mean the Fetuses Only Movement?

Once you're out of the womb those mutts don't give a crap. 
      July 16, 2019 2:32 PM MDT

Yes..Those frigging hypocrites..
    The ones who also whine about Christians being tortured and killed in other countries...
    FAKE PRO-LIFERS and FAKE CHRISTIANS
    Any can memorize scripture but to actually follow them...Pfffffft
      July 16, 2019 2:44 PM MDT

The "Pro Life" label designation is specific to those who are anti-choice with regard to a woman's right to terminate her pregnancy.

I understand the frustration of the woman 5 minutes postpartum (as well of those who see the lack of support for such women) who then ask "Who's going to help me now?"

I'm pro-immigration, but it is obvious that the sheer number of immigrants at our southern border is greater than we can easily assimilate.  And while I admittedly don't have the solution to the problem, I am against lining all immigrants up and then shooting them---a crude but applicable analogy to requiring that a natural viable pregnancy be carried to term vs then providing them the support necessary to live decent life.
      July 16, 2019 3:07 PM MDT

He is muslim which is no problem in Sweden........it has almost been taken over by muslims.  He decided to become a Christian while in Sweden.  I believe the courts simply do not believe him about anything. 

I have no opinion, actually.  Sweden is a sovereign.  They can accept him or not..................just like here or any other sovereign.

I hate internet panhandling.
      July 16, 2019 4:09 PM MDT

HE IS NOT A MUSLIM.  
    He is a Christian and I have seen US Christians scream about Christian persecution. I cannot help but wonder if his sexual orientation give you such a "I don't care" attitude towards this young man.

Sweden has not been taken over by Muslims.
    That is a lie spread by ignorant right wingers who fall for anything they hear from their masters.
    I know several people who go to Sweden on a regular basis. This is definitely false

You must have hated when there was a GoFund me to build a wall. I hated it. This post was edited by Jon at July 16, 2019 6:41 PM MDT
      July 16, 2019 6:34 PM MDT

No, he is a muslim.  He claims to have converted to Christianity while in Sweden.  The courts are not buying it.  
      July 17, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

He was a Christian and he converted in Sweden.
    His faith would never be in question if he were not gay.
    It doesn't matter if he is a Muslim. 
    You are obviously biased against him because he is Gay
    He should be given asylum in the US

July 17, 2019 4:51 PM MDT

I'm not biased against him period.  I frankly think the country of Sweden gets to decide who comes in, just like I believe the USA gets to decide who comes in. 

You need to get a grip, son.
      July 17, 2019 9:46 PM MDT

• As the piece states there is no foolproof test to determine if someone is telling the truth about their sexual orientation or not.  That is true.  I mean what is he to do.  Drop to his knees and publicly fellate his boyfriend in court to alleviate any doubt?  So, I am of the mindset that the decision should err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt, lest blood be on their hands for refusing him.  It seems highly unlikely to me that a man that young would lie about such a thing as his homosexuality knowing the dangers that making such a claim can put him in.  Homosexuals often lie about being straight because they fear judgement and attack but rarely is it that heterosexuals lie and claim being gay.
      July 16, 2019 6:43 PM MDT

There are about 20 "pieces" about this which are easy to find.  I imagine the rejection is based on his attempt to show he is Christian which he only decided to "be" after he got to Sweden.  Like I said, this is really Sweden's business.  They can accept who they choose to enter their country.  As it should be.
      July 17, 2019 4:18 PM MDT

He converted to Christianity, Who are you to judge who is "Christian" enough?  
    According to YOUR own president, the US is open to all those persecuted Christians so he should be welcome here in the US.
    It seems that does not apply to GAY Christians

This post was edited by Jon at July 17, 2019 4:22 PM MDT
      July 17, 2019 4:21 PM MDT

I didn't say he converted in Sweden; the articles say he converted in Sweden.  You are right, I know not what is in someone's heart.....the court made that argument based on his behavior.   You needn't try to make this a you and me argument.    
      July 17, 2019 4:46 PM MDT

He should have been granted asylum. Iran is known for this practice. Hopefully he can appeal or get granted somewhere else.

July 16, 2019 4:12 PM MDT

Thank you for saying that. 

There is a Gofund link at the bottom. Please feel free to contribute This post was edited by Jon at July 16, 2019 7:43 PM MDT
      July 16, 2019 6:30 PM MDT

No one should be harmed for no reason. 
      July 16, 2019 7:25 PM MDT

He has to leave Sweden ... they don't say he has to go back to Iran.
    How many nations have embassies in Sweden?
    Or just travel across the border and apply for asylum in another European country.
      July 17, 2019 8:38 AM MDT