Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you like me?

Are you like me?

I'm an INFJ ( that Meyers Briggs personality thing)

I came across this video about it/"me." According to this video, it's a very rare personality. See you later, I'm going to go watch this now and find out about me.
:)

Posted - July 17, 2019

Responses

P.S.  Years ago I had taken the official test to identify the personality type. INFJ was my type.

July 17, 2019 6:58 PM MDT

I am an INTP. I took it in college during a course i dont remember the name of. I get INTJ a lot too tho.  both are also rare 
      July 17, 2019 7:02 PM MDT

Cool!
      July 17, 2019 7:04 PM MDT

The Meyers-Briggs thing is a totally bogus. Do some research. Don't get hooked into such fallacies. There was no real research involved. Totally un-scientific. You am what you am.
      July 17, 2019 8:11 PM MDT

• Thank you.  I tell people that all the time and show them how it is a dinner party gimmick on par with astrology.  I even show them how it isn't taken seriously by any experts yet they think I am just being an idiot  again.
      July 17, 2019 8:47 PM MDT

Yeah, I sort of look at it all in some fun.
      July 18, 2019 5:19 PM MDT

OK
      July 17, 2019 9:02 PM MDT

Woops!
    Where's my head been lately? Ha! I meant to write more in my reply of last night to your answer!

I meant to add that I guess I have never really taken a lot of "credence" or veracity or whatever in the Meyers Briggs stuff. I just sort of have looked at it all in some fun. And I had come across the video by chance last night.

Thanks for answering.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 19, 2019 10:26 AM MDT
      July 18, 2019 5:19 PM MDT

I'm also an INFJ. My eldest child is too. 

I politely disagree with what some of the others are saying. Myers Briggs tests are well respected and routinely used many fields, from psychology through human resources. More often than not, people can retake them and will get the same result every time, though as Amber pointed out, sometimes you might shift a letter here and there. That's because most of us sit somewhere between traits rather than being aligned exclusively with one and we might gravitate between them depending on the circumstance. 

ANY time you're categorizing people, there will be potential for things to go "wrong." People may look at a question and interpret it one way or the other. Mood and environment can change our answers. Sometimes our cultural backgrounds will skew the results too. 

So, yeah. No test is without fault. No test can capture the full picture of a person. Myers Briggs is not immune to that. BUT, it does tend to be accurate as well as consistent and it can help identify personality traits. 

INFJ is also known as "the advocate." I'm not surprised that's the result you got. It suits you. There's more on it here: https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality 
      July 18, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

Cool!

Yeah, I admit I've heard people with varying thoughts about the Meyers Briggs, too.

I do admit that I fit pretty much everything this little video stated about the INFJ type.

And we're practically related!

Thanks for saying you weren't surprised at my type.

EDIT: I hope to read your link there, too. Thanks.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 21, 2019 10:12 AM MDT
      July 18, 2019 5:23 PM MDT

Oh -- in addition to my other comment to you -- I meant by "I fit pretty much everything" about the INFJ - - I meant more than I think that I fit it.
    I also meant that other people in my life have said those things directly to me -- often I've heard things like 'I'm really comfortable around you."
    No denying that feels rather good to hear.
      July 18, 2019 6:17 PM MDT

•   July 22, 2019 8:13 PM MDT

I just took the test.
    According to them, I am an ENFP.
    Does this fit into your catagory?
      July 19, 2019 10:49 AM MDT

I have no idea. Depending on the results, you get assigned different letter "combinations."
    I'll I know is I'm INFJ.
    It's all good, though. We get along with each other swell, huh?
      July 21, 2019 7:41 PM MDT

Hi and Yes, we get along beautifully! :) :)

Thanks for turning me on to the test.  It was fun (and easy) to take. Those are always the best tests. :)
    I came back to a few days later and had Don take the test for sh*ts and giggles. ;)
    He came out an ENFP.  After reading that personality, it fits him to the tee!
    Thanks again, Welby! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 25, 2019 6:27 PM MDT
      July 22, 2019 8:08 AM MDT

You're welcome!

I took the test a long time ago in a workshop devoted specifically to that test.
      July 22, 2019 2:39 PM MDT

I failed it. I am a oooo. No personality.
      August 25, 2019 6:27 PM MDT

• My personality type is FABU

July 22, 2019 4:10 PM MDT

Indeed you are!
      July 22, 2019 6:42 PM MDT

VERY much, indeed!
      July 22, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

Boy, this guy looks great.

August 25, 2019 7:19 PM MDT

Just for the heck of it, I took the test. It said I am an ISTP. I'm going to retake it and click the middle box on everything to see what happens.
    OK...I clicked on the neutral circle for everything and it says I am an adventurer. ISFP. How can they determine that if all the categories are in the middle. It should say I am a robot or dead. My feelings haven't changed about it being bogus. This post was edited by Element 99 at July 22, 2019 8:33 PM MDT
      July 22, 2019 6:08 PM MDT

I took the test in person within a group workshop designed with the test as a major part of the workshop.
    I don't know any more about it; haven't researched it at all.
    I'm glad you offered more input  -- I respect where you're coming from, thanks!

July 22, 2019 6:46 PM MDT

So out of curiousity, I chose to take test and I am a Mediator INFP-T

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

In a way...I can see some of this in me, but I'm always skeptical of these type of tests. I may do this again and see if I can achieve full-blown  "Paranoid Narcissistic  Socio/Psychopath"  

Unfortunately, Welby, we are not alike. You are what people like me call "Dinner"
    This post was edited by Jon at August 25, 2019 7:23 PM MDT
      July 22, 2019 7:57 PM MDT