Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » are you a regular at the local bar

are you a regular at the local bar

i didn't think so but I guess I am 

Posted - July 17, 2019

Responses

• Semi-regular these days. Most of my drinking is in a backyadrd fire,camp, or cruise these days.
      July 17, 2019 7:17 PM MDT

I hope you get to go on cruises often. I've never been on one but would like to go someday.
    There must be a big difference in what sort of drinking you do in all three.  It's probably easier to get a bit more tipsey on a cruise than in your backyard, aye?
      July 19, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

• Oh,  not like cruise ship.cruises.  Just cruising around. 
      July 19, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

Gotcha!  I was a little confused there.  You know how I get in the mornings.
    Big smiles!
      July 19, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

I haven't been in a bar since 1973, and that was because my cousin was trying to get this girl drunk so he could 'get lucky' wit her. (he did) 
      July 17, 2019 9:26 PM MDT

What does this have to do with you going to a bar?  It sounds like he was the one with the evil tactics, not you. 
      July 19, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

your cousin sounds problematic 
      July 19, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

I am and everybody knows my name and there always glad I came plus I get to sit in the VIP section on the Upper Deck. Cheers!
      July 17, 2019 9:42 PM MDT

Cheers!  
    Cheers!
      July 19, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

A few years ago Santa brought me a DVD collection of the Cheers TV series and I have probably  watched it 10X because it's pretty entertaining. I also have a official Cheers t-shirt that a family friend got for me when he visited the Cheers set. He got it for me because he figured the reason I closed all my FB posts with Cheers was related to the TV series so I had to remind him about a teacher we had when we were taking a upgrade course. She would give us these difficult assignments  but she always closed with Cheers! and it made the task seem more doable and friendly (so that's why I always close with Cheers!). Anyway buddy remembered the teacher  and let me keep the t-shirt  then we talked about how we would walk to the local bar after school and ever body knew our name  and they were always glad we came but it was more  of a cannibals  thing then a TV series thing - school books don't grow on trees you know. Cheers!
      July 19, 2019 12:24 PM MDT

Very awesome true Cheers story.  I like the cannibals part, too.
    It does make me smile when I see you sign your comments and answers with "Cheers."
    It leaves me with a bond of what you've written and me with understanding your words and thoughts. It is very cool.
    Many years ago, I didn't know how to make the smiley faces.  I didn't spend enough time on social networks (just one, like now) and was too embarassed to ask.  I used to write out happy! happy!  I did it because I wanted the person who took the time to write the answer/comment to know it was worth their while and mine, too. Back then, I was timid.  It took me months to answer or put an opinion about anything anyone had written.  It was like learning a new language.
    I am still learning to this day about the dos and the don'ts.  I still use the happy! happy! or likeness of that expression.  I think it is important that people know they are appreciated and appreiate them, I do.  I have learned many things and like to help spread a positive attitude. 
    I did learn, finally, how.  Lots of great thoughts and good vibes to you. And thank you for teaching me many things and being an awesome person.
    :):) 
    See?  I did learn, eventually!  Giggles!

Cheers to you, always!

This post was edited by Merlin at July 19, 2019 12:43 PM MDT
      July 19, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

Way back in the day, I was the bar and was a regular on both sides. 
    It was a blast but would knew if I didn't get out, it could be dangerous.
    I'm glad I did it and would do it again in that same time-frame.
    Now, I find drinking at home much more enticing. 

July 19, 2019 11:03 AM MDT

• I'm not a regular anything, anywhere.  

I'm more of an irregular.
      July 19, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

Big winks and smiles! 
      July 19, 2019 11:19 AM MDT