Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » What is a song, that when you hear it, you either immediately change the station or turn the radio off because you hate the song?

What is a song, that when you hear it, you either immediately change the station or turn the radio off because you hate the song?

I'll answer my own question.

Posted - July 19, 2019

Responses

"You Say"   Lauren Daigle

July 19, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

I expect that you shall soon be paid a visit by a certain "Twinkle Dink". 
    Unless you have body armour on, I would suggest you don't answer the door when he comes a knocking. LOL This post was edited by Jon at July 20, 2019 6:38 PM MDT
      July 20, 2019 8:24 AM MDT

I know --  he loves this song!!
    :)
    and I can see why, truly.

I just can't seem to let go that she seems to really try to sound exactly like Adele in this one, right down to that Adele-piano sounding accompaniment. I even asked/posted a singular question all about Daigle and her song. Ha!
    Twinkle Dink and I have talked about the song, if not when he answered my other question about it, then it was on another  thread somewhere. 

I see and hear Daigle's talent for sure. And I like and respect where Twinkle Dink's coming from in his sharing of his love for the song and her.

I hope this all made sense, in spite of my including her song here.
    I admit it, I'm feeling a bit insecure as of late. Got to get to work now. Be Well!
      July 20, 2019 8:34 AM MDT

• OMG!  Are we talkin' smack about Ms. Daigle again.  LOL!  I swear I'm gonna tie you up and force you to listen to her whole back catalog.  *sighs*  And all this time I wrongly credited you with having good taste in music.  In light of these NEW unwarrented and unsolicited disparaging attacks I see that I am going to have to post another song by her that I, "The Twinkling Dink" love.  ENJOY!  BWAHAHAHAHA!

July 20, 2019 10:16 AM MDT

• And here's the Radio Mix" a much stronger version if you ask me.

Prepare yourself,
    When her tour plays overseas I'm flying over
    and we're going to go see her perform live together.

Don't worry though, I'm gonna make sure you're so inebriated 
    that you think you're at an Adele concert.
    Can you believe that I would take advantage of you in such a way?  Shameful huh?

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 21, 2019 7:43 PM MDT
      July 20, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

Ha!  I love both of your posts!
    I'll come back and try to listen.  

Try.

;)
    I'm kidding!!

Believe it or not, I'm not even a big Adele fan, ha! The only song of hers I adore is "Hello."

But you can take advantage of me whenever you want, ha! In all seriousness, I'd think I'd have a great time with you at a Daigle concert. Or any concert.
    Thanks for the fun posts. (And thanks for tolerating my irritation with that song.)

Be Well -

July 21, 2019 7:49 PM MDT

SEE!!! I WARNED YOU! LOL 

July 20, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

Yes, you were SO right!!
    Ha!
      July 21, 2019 7:55 PM MDT

"High Hopes"   Panic at the Disco

July 19, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

I like this song a lot! 
      July 20, 2019 10:41 AM MDT

I explained my reasoning for hating this song under creme de la nya nya's comment. I can't stand this song.

It was sure to come -- a song we disagree on!
      July 21, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

THIS IS SERIOUSLY SUCH A BOP DELETE THIS POST NOOOOAAAAWWWWWW !!!!!!!
      July 20, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

No WAY!! My post stays!

I hate this song!

Listen to him sing - - he sounds like he's hyperventilating and running out of breath the entire song- - rush rush rush rush rush - -sing out of breath!! The instrumentals all sound panicky, too! Pun intended! I hate the way this guy sings- - hey, I have anxiety issues and this song comes on and my muscles tense up immediately and I feel anxious.
    I really do. That's enough for me to shut the song off every time I hear it

But go ahead and like it - - it's all good!

Thanks for replying.
      July 21, 2019 8:00 PM MDT

"Africa" - -  Weezer's cover

July 19, 2019 6:15 PM MDT

Glad you qualified that. Had you slagged Toto's version, I may have become violent.
      July 20, 2019 7:19 AM MDT

Definitely.

I love Toto's original. And it's the fact that Weezer seems to intentionally have tried to make a note-for-note soundalike version of Toto that makes me hate it.

The same reasoning for that Daigle song -- granted, Daigle has a voice like Adele but I have no doubt she tries here to sound JUST like Adele - - right down to the soft Adele piano accompaniment.
      July 20, 2019 7:23 AM MDT

• Hi Welby :) thought I’d tell you the back story on the cover of Africa Cos I LOVE Weezer :) 

The reason Weezer covered Toto’s “Africa” was because of an online twitter campaign to have them cover the song which was started by a teenage girl. The campaign gained a lot of followers and attention, they only covered the song to basically troll the girl back lol. I thought it was funny and in good humour on their part. They didn’t change the song up though Cos was a last minute recording...

Also in turn, Toto covered Hash pipe by Weezer. 

July 20, 2019 7:55 AM MDT

EXCELLENT!!

I lvoe Weezer, too! Their Beverly hills song- - sometinhg baout bEverly hills - - can'tremember the title? typos- - sorryy - - in a rush - - love that song though and I'll always love Weezer for it.

your background info on this song- - excelelnt for me to know! I only dislike the song so much becasue I almsot cannot distinguish it from the original. That's the only reason I let it irritate me- - but your background helps in knowing more about it.

|Off to work for me.
     Be well,
      July 20, 2019 8:44 AM MDT

• Catch ya later :) check out Toto’s cover of hashpipe later... sooooo good. 
      July 20, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

That's great! 

I learn so many cool things on AM! 
      July 20, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

• I have lots of random useless music knowledge..I should go on rock and roll jeopardy And get a lovely Parting gift. 
      July 20, 2019 11:45 AM MDT

Ya still don't know how many head shakes, though, do ya? 
      July 20, 2019 6:36 PM MDT

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!
    I have tried to put that out of mind. 
    Weezer has always been a bit sketchy, but they have seriously slid into the chitter
      July 21, 2019 8:03 PM MDT

July 29, 2019 11:53 AM MDT