Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It just happened again only this time I got TWO REPLIES to what I thought was a simple question that blew me away. Ever been blown away?

It just happened again only this time I got TWO REPLIES to what I thought was a simple question that blew me away. Ever been blown away?

By what when how?

I dunno. You ask a plain wrap econo box question and in return you get a tapestry of such incomparable beauty it's hard to comprehend. I luck out bigly sometimes. I have no idea why.

Posted - July 20, 2019

Responses

This may sound like bragging, but I was awarded 7th place for an essay contest held by a large city newspaper. I was blown away because there were over 1000 entries. Of course, I had my photo published in a million +Sunday Cleveland Plain Dealers. 
      July 20, 2019 10:33 AM MDT

Good for you.  The art of eloquence is dying.  Twitter is killing the English language.
      July 20, 2019 1:06 PM MDT

You know I play around with the English language a lot L. But you also know I LOVE words and respect/admire those who use them well! Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Sunday! This weekend will supposedly be the HOTTEST recorded in American history. I hope your AC is working perfectly! :)
      July 21, 2019 4:35 AM MDT

I know you do, but that's a good thing.  Without seeming to sound like a grammar Natsy, I am appalled at how badly butchered the English languages is on some sites.  I realize that for some posters English is not their native language and understand, but for those who are, it makes me wonder if they ever went to school.  Yes, it's hot - so far, my A/C is working well.  :)
      July 21, 2019 7:55 AM MDT

Ours is too. It's almost brand new! Keep cool! Think about snow and ice and frigid temps. I don't  know if that works but it's worth a try! ((hugs))
      July 21, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

:)
      July 21, 2019 12:05 PM MDT

No sweetie. It isn't bragging at all. I asked a question and you answered it! Congrats to you bh! That is no small accomplishment! 1000 entries and they picked YOURS among the top ten? C'mon! I hope you have at least one copy of that of that newspaper. Not for bragging rights but simply as part of your history. Thank you for sharing that bh and Happy Sunday! :)
      July 21, 2019 4:34 AM MDT

Thank you. 
      July 21, 2019 8:41 AM MDT

You're welcome! :)
      July 21, 2019 8:52 AM MDT