Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you notice the DISCONNECT too? The trump criticizes citizens and the country 24/7 but says he loves his country. Shouldn't he leave it?

Do you notice the DISCONNECT too? The trump criticizes citizens and the country 24/7 but says he loves his country. Shouldn't he leave it?

Doesn't the very fact of his incessant attacks insults prove he doesn't love America at all? What the he** is he doing here? Why doesn't he and his like-minded peeps leave? They DON'T LOVE IT or they would never criticize it or its citizens.

See the problem? You cannot be a PROponent of anything that you are also an OPPONENT of right? You can't have it both ways trump. Either leave or stop criticizing the country the citizens the institutions the Constitution the goals the aims the allies the history the values. You can fool all of your peeps all of the time but you can't fool the rest of us any of the time.

Posted - July 21, 2019

Responses

• The only disconnect I've picked up on is the major disconnection between the mouth and brain that's reached epidemic proportions in leftist America. I find it strange that in all of this criticism of the president, I haven't found any negative talk directed at me. Maybe it's because I'm a veteran with wartime service. No, that couldn't be it. Maybe he lets me have a pass as a retired police officer. No, I know that couldn't be it. Maybe it's my position as a taxpayer. My role in that is surely safe and secure. Could it be that I'm left out as a believer in the rule of law and of constitutional government. I've got it! It's the optimism I have over the prospects of the country being a world leader, as well as the finest example of representative democracy on the planet. Oh well, you just can't disparage, despise, undermine, divide,wallow in hatred, bitch and moan about a really great thing without drawing a little attention from some quarters. The president is right in his assertion that there are plenty of places to live in this old world that might just push the right buttons in those who are genuinely miserable here. Since misery loves company, it would be the best move to make. I'd do it before I'd argue with a sign post and take the wrong road home as they say. 
      July 21, 2019 12:06 PM MDT

SC-
    While you’re busy reaching around to pat yourself on the back, you are pulling your eyes from the fact that Trump continues to demonize Americans, disempower and divide Americans, flout the Constitution, abdicate the role of leader of the free world, and spew invective at least as destructive as what you perceive the left has. But of course you support Trump, he hasn’t insulted you. How nice. A high bar you set. 

Maybe time to ask yourself what it is you served for. This post was edited by Don Barzini at July 22, 2019 1:31 AM MDT
      July 21, 2019 2:47 PM MDT

Let's "MAGA" in 2020---> JUST DUMP TRUMP
      July 21, 2019 4:59 PM MDT

:):):)
      July 22, 2019 1:35 AM MDT

July 22, 2019 1:32 AM MDT

Well, if you're not finding "any negative talk directed" at what you suggest on here---then you are just not reading my comments on some of your various previous posts on here.

I first came across the concept in this article when I studied Transactional Analysis about 50 years ago. Examples years ago were of various police officers.  (I have come across both those kinds and the better kinds of interaction patterns as a citizen.)
      July 21, 2019 5:14 PM MDT

There is a glaring cognitive dissonance about all of this, Tom. 

It can’t be that Trump supporters aren’t aware of his conspicuous  iniquities, but that they don’t acknowledge there is anything bad about them, or worse, excuse the behaviors selectively because partisanship requires it.  
      July 21, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

July 22, 2019 1:33 AM MDT

July 22, 2019 3:45 PM MDT

Yes, it is. Very. 
      July 22, 2019 3:59 PM MDT

July 22, 2019 1:32 AM MDT