Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The trump is not the only face of white politics. He is the first to encourage folks to say out loud what they used to hide. TRAILBLAZER?

The trump is not the only face of white politics. He is the first to encourage folks to say out loud what they used to hide. TRAILBLAZER?

They used to gather in dens and caves and dark rooms and whisper their racism for fear that identifying themselves would be bad for them.

NOW? Identify identify identify! Only good will come of it. You will be called a PATRIOT for doing it. Worm turns. Sky falls. World ends.

Posted - July 22, 2019

Responses

You don't seem to be too familiar with history.  Within our own lifetimes - yours and mine - there were places in this country it was illegal for you to go if you were the wrong color.  You could be murdered because of your color.   Some places you could be denied the right to vote because of your color. You were inferior because of your color by law!  Now that was racism. To even suggest that anything now comes at all close to that is to disrespect the many people who had to suffer under that.  You know when someone continually screams "racism" at everyone and everything 24/7 there is a good chance that they will only be taken as a crashing bore who few people care to listen to.  Whatever our circumstances we have lives to lead and I would say that we do well to live them as best as we are able to. 
      July 22, 2019 6:13 AM MDT

• I've just finished a comment on one of your questions where you mention "racial polarization". This question appears to be an example of same. In my response to that question, I mentioned fear mongering. I now refer to the old adage, If you give 'em enough rope..........
      July 22, 2019 6:20 AM MDT