Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Do you have a nickname for your pet?

Do you have a nickname for your pet?

I sometimes call my cat Hissy B*t*h because she spends most of her days in the window hissing at the cats that walk by. And I sometimes call my dog Copey because when someone comes over he goes around the car sniffing ever were including inside the wheel wells. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - July 27, 2019

Responses

• Yes, but it is private between me and her. Besides it is against the TOS.
      July 27, 2019 12:37 PM MDT

I call my small cat "kitten-sez".  At 9 years old, he barely weighs 6 pounds.  compared to my other 14 pound "mini panther", he's like a klitten.
      July 27, 2019 1:34 PM MDT

We have two rescue dogs, both female.  Each has a name; but when I am being affectionate with either, as opposed to feeding, medicating, playing with either, etc., I tend to address each as "Little Girl.)

July 27, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

Cat #1 is named 'The Mute'. but he is a loud vocal beast who is actually deaf.  Cat #2 showed up in January just as the really long cold days of northern winter arrived. He is about a year old, very athletic and likes to jump up and catch birds and butterflies. I named him 'Rob' after a top ranked motorcycle racer who also rescued a homeless kitten last winter. 
      July 27, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

We have a cat named "Spook." I sometimes call him variants of it, Like Spookie-ookie, Spookie wookie, and Wookiee, which fits because he's very loud and communicative and sounds like one. 

My kids also took to calling my old dog "Grandma" because she was old as well as very gentle and loving. She actually answered to it. She passed away about a month ago though. :/ 
      July 27, 2019 3:27 PM MDT

July 27, 2019 5:33 PM MDT

Sometimes yes and sometimes no, depends a on the Pet and the connection. Our old cat took on the name "killer". 

Graduate Student housing anywhere is mouse invested as a given.  "September" came home as a kitten.  She proved so adept at ridding our unit and other Grad Students units that we all gave her the name "killer Luke", aka Killer. 
      July 27, 2019 5:03 PM MDT

Our cat, Suri, is often called Madam because we respect her right to rule the household.
    She's Coquette in her affectionate, smoochie moods, Kitten or Tigga in her playful moods.
    She gets lots of other nicknames, new ones every day.
      July 27, 2019 5:19 PM MDT

We just have a name for her, but why bother? She doesn't come when you call her.
      July 27, 2019 5:34 PM MDT

Does she respond if you imitate a meow?

Would you like to train her to come?
      July 27, 2019 5:52 PM MDT

She is quite voiceterous. (A word made up by my wife. I like it.) Training her? She has us quite well trained.
      July 27, 2019 7:28 PM MDT

Yes, yes I do.
      October 2, 2019 12:49 PM MDT