Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Ever have a nickname that might of giving people the wrong impression of you?

Ever have a nickname that might of giving people the wrong impression of you?

Back in my bar room brawling days my nickname was Rapid Robert. At first I thought it was cool but then I started thinking it was giving the ladies the wrong idea about me so I asked people to stop calling me that. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - August 3, 2019

Responses

Blanko.  I had a habit of staring into space when I was in high school.

I thought it was funny.  
      August 3, 2019 9:42 AM MDT

I am cracking up!
    I read that as, You were really "High" in school and had better things to think about or that you already grasp the concept and you were bored.  Maybe both!
    Blanko, though, seems far from the truth of who I understand you to be.
    There is ALWAYS something going on in that head of yours!
      August 3, 2019 10:34 AM MDT

Who knows why now?  LOL

I just remember people getting all upset when they heard my friends call me that and I could have cared less.  They all know I was far from stupid, so I did not take it personally.  
      August 3, 2019 10:37 AM MDT

This is TRUE. Stupid, you are not.  They were probably intimidated by you.  There is no doubt you excelled in government class, English, and many sciences they offered.  I'm just glad you WENT to school and hopefully a public school.  I am a strong believer in part of schooling learning how to get along with your peers, learn about people you do and don't want to hang with and the ability to make on-spot decisions.  Testing in a public place, deciding what people you would like to surround yourself with and maintaining poise while being challenged is all part of fitting in.
    Staring off into space still made you part of a "clan."  The fact that you did it and they took notice means you made your point.  What they decided after that was up to them.  :) ;)
      August 3, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

There have probably been a few I'm not aware of but are common that most people give another when a person annoys them.
    Then there are some that people say when they think I am kissing someone's ass, when actually I am sincere.

I'm sure I've had many that don't really present who I am. 

However, beyond all those, good and bad, the nicknames that stick are given to me by people who know me and continue to grow with me.
    I like those, a lot.

August 3, 2019 10:43 AM MDT

• One of my nicknames is "Blaze" (it's derived from my last name). It's given some people the wrong impression that I like to blaze (i.e. smoke weed). lol
      August 3, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

I didn't have a nickname until I was in my late 60s.  I was having a rather heated argument with on of the other secretaries in my office and my friend started to call me "Rocky" (as in Balboa, not Bullwinkle).  
      August 3, 2019 12:10 PM MDT

Not really....I'm not really au fait with Nick's names....:(
      August 3, 2019 2:37 PM MDT