Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What did you secretly hope for when you joined answerMug?

What did you secretly hope for when you joined answerMug?

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

That it would be temporary and only for a short time. 
      August 6, 2019 3:51 AM MDT

Haha!

I guess that means you find some fun and compensations in being here. 
      August 6, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

• Two things really...

I was looking for a playful location
    in which to enjoy lighthearted sexual banter with others.
    AdultMug thankfully provided that, especially in its prior format.

I also wanted a place with an atmosphere of freedom in which I could write.
    This site easily makes room for both short witty quips
    as well as the more thoughtful dissertation on ideas.

What I found here however, was completely unexpected
    and far more than I could have ever dreamed of or hoped for.

August 6, 2019 5:38 AM MDT

The goat image - so-oo sweet - tells us what that extra find is.

I used to have three goats, Alpine-Nubian-Kashmir cross - all de-sexed boys. I learned a lot about goatly character and love it. Deeply affectionate, faithful, curious and into everything - and they LOVE to play endless headbutt games. I developed a style of goat-kung-fu so I could play with them.

If I pretended to be a nice young man of around 18 ... ?
      August 6, 2019 3:11 PM MDT

• You needn't ever be anything other than "wonderful you" to gain my attention, admiration, and affection. You make me laugh. You make me think. You make me reach far higher. and with our unsurpassed looks and uncanny minds, I think we make a pretty good pair. A pair of what...I have no idea. LOL!

So very, very, glad I know you.

August 7, 2019 2:58 PM MDT

Please name your first born after me, I would be so honored.

August 8, 2019 12:41 AM MDT

Nothing, really. I joined answerbag 11 years ago, not really knowing what it was. I loved it. When it disappeared, I eased into answermug and the only hope I had was that others from answerbag would follow. It was no secret, though.
      August 6, 2019 8:09 AM MDT

I gather that quite a few from answerbag came here, including Rosie, but also many were lost.

What caused answerbag to go down?

And has this site developed a similar flavour?

How are they different?
      August 6, 2019 3:13 PM MDT

Hi.  On AB there were more people involved so was easier to find those I could share interests with.  Not political like what this site developed into. There were a very few special years 2009 to 2013.  Which of course I did not realize how special they were at the time. Then they hired Google AdSense and started deleting all of our "adult" posts into which we had put so much of ourselves into. So became very discouraging except for the private messaging.  Which was very common there but people on here don't seem to be interested in. Or too careful of themselves.  One thing AB had much more than its share of were young males whose only interest seemed to be in displaying to one another how little they cared about anything. AnswerBag stopped making its owners money so they pulled the plug. 

Much different on here because more the reflection of a single person.  Which is I think rather limiting because no matter how interesting she is or may be there is only that unitary presence behind everything. So much simpler structurally. 

Much different flavor. On AB people's hatreds were seemingly non-existent of perhaps just much less upfront so was a more congenial atmosphere to hang out and visit.  People were very candid but much more polite and respectful of others.  Generally. 
      August 6, 2019 3:31 PM MDT

Officegirl said it quite well.
      August 6, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

A community of nimble minds sharing intelligent discourse about pertinent topics. 

I got this instead. 
      August 6, 2019 2:49 PM MDT

HEY...I resemble that.
      August 6, 2019 2:52 PM MDT

Haha!
      August 6, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

• So you have noticed me.  YAY!
      August 6, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

I notice everything. 
      August 6, 2019 3:01 PM MDT

Woops. :/

We don't often rise to that level.

Let me know your favourite topics and I'll think up questions that aim to incite thoughtful responses.

I love intelligent discourse too.

We do have the nucleus for it: Kittigate, Don Barzini, Element, J.A., Goatey, Twinkle, Callmeishmael, Adaydreambeliever and I - we all love a good exchange of ideas. This post was edited by inky at August 8, 2019 12:11 AM MDT
      August 6, 2019 3:15 PM MDT

I think you’re on the right track as it is. Seed it and it will grow. 

If I‘m BEING HONEST, this site would benefit from inquiries pondering larger topics: human nature and perspective, discussions of historical figures and events, science, philosophy, and exploring hypotheticals and ideology. 
      August 6, 2019 3:36 PM MDT

Dude...ask more of those questions.
      August 6, 2019 5:32 PM MDT

I had posted a few such questions earlier this summer, but the response was less than encouraging. Good posts, but few of them. 
    I haven’t given up. 
      August 6, 2019 5:48 PM MDT

I answer all science questions seriously...up to the limit of my nimble knowledge.
      August 6, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

Would that there were more like you. 
      August 6, 2019 6:09 PM MDT

And you my friend. (Often I baffle with BS, though, and got busted.)
      August 6, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

I joined the old Answerbag site way back in 2007 and I wasn't really expecting a GODD**N thing. Some of you I wonder about though.
      August 6, 2019 2:51 PM MDT

It was not just secretly.  I had hoped to find others who shared my interest in love and sex.  As we did on the former answerbag.  People are much more private about that on here. 
      August 6, 2019 2:57 PM MDT