Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » What was your worst parenting experience?

What was your worst parenting experience?

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

I had great experiencing parenting.  The worst though was when my 13-year-old daughter was being wooed by much-to-old guy.  Sadly, he had an accident and was permanently disabled and we stopped seeing him.
      August 7, 2019 2:01 PM MDT

(too-old)
      December 12, 2019 12:13 AM MST

Sadly no worst, now funny and awkward yes indeed there have been many.

1. Being in a Pub/Bar and you see your 16 y/o sun there as well.  We were both trying to get laid - awkward to say the least.  Drinking age in Austria 16 y/o

2. Having to explain to a 8 and 10 y/o what a Thai Bar Girl is.  We were walking down the street and I was approached by several Bar Girls who were offering services.  Awkward,  the sex discussion which I thought I had time before I had to give it.  It happened then and there over ice cream

3. Explaining to my oldest kids their mother and I were getting divorced.  She was moving out and I was the custodial parent.  They were 4 and 6 years old - Worst
      August 9, 2019 12:23 AM MDT

1 & 2 - very funny - had a good giggle.
    3. sad :(
    Hope all worked out for the best in the end.
      August 9, 2019 3:07 AM MDT

The Ex and I are still good friends. She was and is a workaholic where kids were a necessary punch on the promotion ticket.  A long albeit humorous tale.

She and the Doc are good friends and get on well.  When we are Stateside those two hang out together.  I have been fortunate to have been in love with three women.  On is an Ex, one is deceased, the last I am living with.  Now have you had your Mammogram?  Cancer is a nasty way to go
      August 11, 2019 1:34 AM MDT

Your story with the Ex would be great to read - if ever you should decide to post it in installments on the blog page - with her permission.

Have never had a mammogram. 
    Have also avoided PAP smears after the first - far too invasive and painful.
    I chuck the regular government posts of free bowel test straight in the garbage.

No history of cancer in either side of my family - great grandmother's bowel excepted (she had the worst of typical British diets).

I'm statistically a low risk:
    exactly in the middle of a healthy weight for my size,
    very small breasts, low breast density, check the feel once a month for irregularities,
    rarely drink, never smoked, eat a healthy diet of home-prepared fresh and whole foods,
    very rarely exposed to carcinogenic chemicals.
    I believe there is research to show that wearing bras can be a factor that increases the likelihood of breast cancer,
    especially tight or ill-fitting ones - and women who wear them while sleeping.
    So my life of not having worn them is an added plus factor.
    Took the Pill for five years in early twenties - possibly slightly higher risk there - high oestrogen dose.
    Another factor for increased risk - I've never breastfed.

My greatest risk is skin cancer - the notorious Australian sun.
    I do get annual skin checks.

That said, I acknowledge that statistics mean little when it comes to the individual.
    Anyone could be one of the rare exceptions.

I accept that risk.
    I've already made the decision that if I ever get cancer, I might accept surgery if it's appropriate.
    But I would not be willing to tolerate radio and chemo under any circumstances.
    I would live until just before the pain or other forms of suffering became too great to bear
    and then EXIT.

Even though I quite like life most of the time, I am not the least afraid of death.
    I have no children.
    And I've set things up in my will so that my husband will be OK after I've gone.

This post was edited by inky at June 2, 2020 6:47 AM MDT
      August 11, 2019 1:59 AM MDT

Having my arse slaped when I was born, to my knowledge,I'd done nothing wrong up to then apart form stopping my mum getting into her favorite cloths.....I got my parents back though as I've been a thorn in their side ever since.....:)D 
      August 9, 2019 3:19 AM MDT

You probably deserved for future Miscreant deeds
      August 11, 2019 2:06 AM MDT

you can't preempt things like that...there must have been  a day or so that I was a bit well behaved.......maybe.. 
      August 11, 2019 12:46 PM MDT

In my case, parenting.

~
      December 12, 2019 12:14 AM MST