Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Remember when people would get a thrill at the thought of the President actually visiting their city? Remember that? Now they hide.

Remember when people would get a thrill at the thought of the President actually visiting their city? Remember that? Now they hide.

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

• People were way more boring and bored before rock and roll came to town.
      August 6, 2019 7:29 PM MDT

What does this mean?  I will just come out and ask you.  WHAT? 
      August 6, 2019 7:48 PM MDT

• Only oppresively bored people get excited about a politician. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 7, 2019 8:15 AM MDT
      August 6, 2019 8:40 PM MDT

You must live in Los Angeles.  In my state we love President Trump for doing what is right for this country. 
      August 6, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

You must live on Mars and you must drink a lot of Kool-Aide.  NO ONE THINKS TRUMP IS ANYTHING BUT A RACIST PIG WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY MASS SHOOTING IN THE LAST THREE YEARS.  

August 6, 2019 7:47 PM MDT

There were mass shootings during O'Bamas' reign. I drank a lotta Kool Aide when I was a kid. Then we switched over to apple juice as the prices became more affordable. 
      August 7, 2019 7:52 AM MDT

(O’bamasObama’s)
      August 7, 2019 11:16 PM MDT

It's a pity they're not hiding behind grassy knolls.
      August 6, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

George Harrison's Isn't it a Pity? comes to mind with a new twist.  

Isn't it a pity
    Isn't it a shame?
    How we keep this oaf in charge 
    and let a moron reign? 

August 6, 2019 8:34 PM MDT

Who in there right mind would care if any president/prime minister came to where you lived...I can't think of any globally that I would call special or that cared about the world we all have to live on... 
      August 7, 2019 12:24 AM MDT

How about the "world" itself?
      August 7, 2019 10:01 AM MDT

I'm not sure what you mean ! 
    There are to many power crazed fools that want to rape the world of everything and leave a huge mess to be cleaned up by future generations....
    We are building so many nuclear power stations that each take 250000 years plus to become safe again....the life span of one of those power stations is not much more than fifty years....  :(
      August 7, 2019 6:48 PM MDT

I remember even when people disagreed with them, Presidents were generally thought of as men of good character, honorable men. 
    It would be difficult to honestly make that assessment now. 
      August 7, 2019 3:56 AM MDT

This thing that is in office is unlike anyone.  That said, I never felt anything after Eisenhower and Kennedy were worth the price of admission.  Maybe I grew up. Maybe I learned more.  But Nixon was a pig, Reagan was a pig, they were NOT good people.  Bush was NOT a good person. They did NOT care and thought their WHITENESS entitled them.  And their RELIGION entitled them.  At the exclusion of anyone else.

The Dems were not as openly stupid.  I fail to see where they deserve any medals either.  But they never take it as far as the GREEDY, GOP.  Their greatest crimes seem to be giving up and giving in.  And that will KILL us all; the weakness of the Dems is just as rotten as the power of the GOP.

So, Bush is not nearly as wicked as Trump.  He was just in denial, hiding behind everyone else and knowingly allowing atrocities to be committed in the name of GOD and COUNTRY. He was dangerous.  

He was dangerous but TRUMP is SO MUCH WORSE that Bush pales in comparison.  I know you know all this, but I am just laying it all out for you.  Bush belongs in HELL.  Cheney belongs right with him.  

Trump is a natural progression.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 7, 2019 2:20 PM MDT
      August 7, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

Not Nixon.
      August 7, 2019 9:13 PM MDT

Love this. Politicians are swine, are they not? Can we agree not everyone has your unique insights? 

Thing is, I’ll lay money Jimmy Carter was a truly nice guy. Obama is a nice guy. Reagan was famously personable. (You’re right about Nixon, totally)
    Regardless of their popularity ratings, Sports teams were still eager and honored to go the White House, and meet with them.

Can’t recall any of those Presidents being told to not come to a US city. 
    Just saying.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 7, 2019 2:36 PM MDT
      August 7, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

List of Presidents since WW2 - only 2 have been good people AND good Presidents.
    Truman. Hiroshima, Nagasaki. Didn't need to happen,  given that the Soviets had made an agreement with FDR to enter the Pacific war on August 15. Truman unleashed Hell on 2 cities to make Japan say uncle before the Russians got involved.
    Eisenhower. He was one of the two.
    JFK. Good President, lousy human being. Chasing skirt despite having the drop dead gorgeous Jackie at home.
    Johnson. Viet Nam, nuff said.
    Nixon. Absolutely WAS a crook.
    Ford. Nice guy, poor Prez.
    Carter. Ditto. No gonads.
    Reagan. Was actually dead, playing the role of President rather than doing it. Those pulling his strings were clever enough. Showing clear signs of senility as early as 1984.
    Bush1. Good veep, didn't have the stones for the top job and had a brain dead twit as his own veep.
    Clinton. JFK, squared. Balanced the books but also balanced interns on the edge of his desk.
    Bush2. I believe he was actually retarded. Dumber than a brick.
    Obama. The other one. Led the USA out of the worst Depression since the Great one. Created more jobs in his last 2 years as Prez than Trump did in his first 2 - that gets forgotten.
    Trump. I used to think that Bush2 was as l low as the bar could go. I was wrong. Actually evil as well as stupid.
      August 7, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

Word
      August 7, 2019 6:53 PM MDT

You seem to know a great deal about US history and politics, or at least you think and act as if you do, for a guy from Australia. Seems to me as if the latter is truer than the former.
      August 7, 2019 7:37 PM MDT

Name one thing I said that is factually incorrect.
      August 7, 2019 8:18 PM MDT

That's easy. What you said about Reagan and Bush 2. You say that Reagan was actually dead, which probably is the most ridiculous thing of all, and that Bush is stupid/retarded, which is not far behind, strictly based on your lefty bias, not on any actual fact. Reagan was very much alive and even wrote some of his own speeches, and you would have to know Bush personally, which we both know you don't, to make such a judgement with any degree of validity. Your political bias is so obvious that it's abundantly clear that you say these things based on your wishful thinking and little else. With Bush, who actually is fairly if not highly intelligent, you were sucked into the misconception held by many that confused his Texas accent and certain mannerisms with low intelligence (and that is based on a left-leaning, New York-California coastal bias). The fact actually is that, regardless of what you or anyone else may think or wish to think about any particular president, even the odious Trump, no person capable of being elected to such an office is stupid, retarded, or anything of the sort. And you saying that any one or more of them is actually stupid, retarded, and/or dead speaks volumes more about you than about them. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at August 7, 2019 9:09 PM MDT
      August 7, 2019 9:06 PM MDT

Reagan had one line at the LA Olympics, and blew it. The perceptible tic and confused look that came across his face in the middle of several speeches - it appeared that he momentarily forgot where he was and/or what he was doing. That's indicative of early Alzheimer's or a minor stroke.
    Bush2's gaffes are already the stuff of legend. On numerous occasions he obviously had no idea what he was doing, case in point when the second tower was hit on 9/11 - he looked blankly at his minders, waiting to be told what to do.
      August 7, 2019 9:19 PM MDT

Sorry, but all of that is merely your interpretation based on your anti-Reagan and anti-Bush biases in particular and anti-GOP/anything-espoused-by-conservatives bias in general. You are no more capable of objectivity on these matters than our friends on MSNBC from the left and on Fox News from the right.
      August 7, 2019 10:23 PM MDT

Not here in NYC. No matter who is president, a visit here just means a lot of extra traffic and associated headaches.
      August 7, 2019 7:33 PM MDT