Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » A Senator doxxes campaign donors. Should he be punished?

A Senator doxxes campaign donors. Should he be punished?

Released real names, addresses, work address,
twitter handles. 

If a person is harmed on the list, should he be charged with insighting violence? Or another charge?

Posted - August 7, 2019

Responses

Hello My:

How ya doin?

I dunno..  Once you put your personal information out to the world, WHO is to blame when it's divulged?  Plus, given that data breach's occur almost daily, how could you determine which particular breach caused someone to do you harm?  Lastly, doesn't the doxxer have a 1st Amendment right to divulge whatever he wants?

excon
      August 7, 2019 7:06 AM MDT

Hey, good to see you. Hope you stick around.

True is it public information. But many things are public information.  Conceal Carry/firearm permits holder are public information...if that is released it could be dangerous to those not on the list (tells the criminal this house is unarmed) 

Tracking campaign donors is doe the purpose of making watching for corruption in the politican...political favors for big donors.  Not for weaponizing against the donor....trying to shame or intimidation of voters. 
    1st amendment is not unlimited. It cannot infringe on other rights.
      August 7, 2019 7:22 AM MDT

From what I understand, this Senator has been an outspoken critic of President Trump for a while now. I realize that political donor information is of public record. However, those who are against Trump and have a rabid hatred for him are weaponizing this campaign donor transparency to make sure donors to their political opponents are boycotted, harassed, attacked, or worse. That sort of behavior and intent has no place in politics or anywhere else for that matter. It's all about intent and we know what he intended to do when he released the donor information. Should he be punished? In my eyes yes because I know his intent but in this political reality he most likely won't be right now. However, this type of political behavior has a habit of coming back to haunt its proponent. As some other politicians have already found out. As always, just my opinion. :)
      August 7, 2019 9:47 AM MDT