Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Which member of Answermug have you known the longest? Not who do you know the most about or are the closest to, the longest amount of time.

Which member of Answermug have you known the longest? Not who do you know the most about or are the closest to, the longest amount of time.

I’ve known Merlin and Tom Jackson the longest. Long before I joined this site. 

Posted - August 10, 2019

Responses

I do believe we were friends on Ask.com.  :) :).  As we are here, it always brings a smile to my face when I see you! :) :)
      August 11, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

Maybe on EP? I wasn't on Ask.com. I was briefly on some other site after EP shut down, but I can't even remember what it was called. The messaging system was garbage and the rules/censorship were off the chart. 

That's so kind of you to say! I am always happy to see your cheerful self here, too! :)
      August 11, 2019 10:15 PM MDT

Sharonna and Nunya ....really most of the ones who came here from Answerbag.   Ten years. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 13, 2019 5:18 AM MDT
      August 11, 2019 2:11 AM MDT

Everybody who was on Answerbag. I think I conversed with Element 99 or RosieG first.
      August 11, 2019 7:05 AM MDT

Not sure, but I've known Rosie and Sharonna since we were on Answerbag, long before they let Trump into their hearts.
      August 11, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

I totally loathed Bush.  
      August 11, 2019 1:03 PM MDT

And?
      August 11, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

And what?  

I think I was very clear.  You were not.  You think you have this definition of me.  Trump hater. No.  GOP LOATHER is more like it.  Disgusted by Dems and loathing of GOP and horrified and disgusted by this  thing in office that does not disgust you.  That really disgusts me most of all.
      August 11, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

As I said, you let Trump into your heart. You spend a great deal of time and energy on him, and you have zero control over him being president.
      August 11, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

The sun is hot the sky is blue and you spend way too much time worrying about platitudes and what I will do.
      August 11, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

Hey that rhymes so I thought it only fitting to reply in rhyme.

Roses are red and violets blue but who has the control of Trump not being elected is the voting and dedicated people like you. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 13, 2019 4:59 AM MDT
      August 11, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

But he got elected anyway. So much for control.
      August 11, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

Andrew Rooney was a curmudgeon also, but I enjoyed him
      August 11, 2019 2:26 PM MDT

Believe me, I'm not losing any sleep over it. But what part of you let Trump into your heart is incorrect?
      August 11, 2019 2:45 PM MDT

No, certain parasites like Trump naturally attack the cardiovascular components of both everyday people and---especially---the heart of democracy.
      August 11, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

I started to answer this last night but Don needed chicken noodle soup.
    However, it is morning and he is feeling a bit better.
    Good Morning~
    I was turned on to AnswerMug by a dear friend of mine from Ask.com.  He went by many names but I think he carried Dodgy over here. 
    Ask.com was the first Q & A site I was ever on.  There was speculation as to why it shut down its Q & A section but it did.  I think because it became too cliquey and was getting away from the Stick-to-the-question-and-don't-show-any-personality sort of site they were aiming for.
    *Please note that is ONLY my opinion and theory.  That is NOT fact as we know facts to be.*
    Being loyal to my friends and not knowing much about Q & A sites (some things still haven't changed:)) I followed his lead here.
    Happily, I found many of my other friends from Ask had come here too!
    Jaimie, Tom Jackson, Walt Oregon, I believe Stu Be, even Just Asking showed up on Ask.com a couple of times.  I think we became friends there, too!
    But the longest stay-true friend I have known and continue to know (with the same name) is Jaimie.
    A true friend with a zest for life.  We've always clicked and have great times together, no matter where we land. :) :)

I was known as MerlinNme on Ask.com and MerlinNMe2 there, too.  Dodgy shortened it to Merlin and I kept the nickname.
    Here, Baba was the first person who I felt bonded to.  He/she was profound, answered me back and I loved the avatar. 
    Rosie and Daydreamer were others who answered me in my first days here. Positive reinforcement is always needed when it comes to having new friends.  JA, of course, could not have been more inviting and nice and Randy D, too.  I took a liking to Randy D through adultmug. Element and Carbon with their quick humor was always entertaining.  I've grown very fond of Element for all the elements that make him.  He is a definite asset.
    Adultmug was another reason I was attracted to the people here.
    I find AnswerMug has a bit of sugar and bit of adult spice.  It is a nice combination.
    That means ALL the people here make it a great place to land.
    Thanks Dodgy, wherever you may be. 
    :) :)

P.S.  OH! I almost forgot!! Stinky and Stinky Jr.  Stinky Spunky?  The skunk person is hilarious and smart and I've known them a long time.  The incredibly profound and smart women who has an American flag behind her.  I'm at a loss of names at the moment but she is REALLY cool and I like her and have known her a long time, too.  I have tons of respect for her.  Ugh.  I'm sorry I can't pull their names up but hopefully you know who I am talking about! :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at August 13, 2019 4:59 AM MDT
      August 11, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

I wasn't on Ask. But I'm sure we would have gotten along there too. :)
      August 11, 2019 2:18 PM MDT

• I think it did go down because it became More of a social site than an information site. And yeah it was clicky, but it had thousands of members so of course gonna form some clicks :) last I heard Didge had moved to Quara from here :) 
      August 13, 2019 5:01 AM MDT

I don't know.  I was on Answer Bag and many of them came from there.  I know Thrifty Maid and Just Asking and all kinds of people from there.  
      August 11, 2019 1:02 PM MDT

AND Randolph D. 

~
      August 11, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

Wait...one day you are Randall and the next you are Randolph. Make up my mind.
      August 11, 2019 5:23 PM MDT

I was thinking the same thing! I just call him "Mr. D.". 
      August 11, 2019 10:22 PM MDT

I know, right?

~
      August 12, 2019 6:15 AM MDT

I know, right?

~
      August 12, 2019 6:15 AM MDT

Randy D is the first one I met who is currently active here. He says it was 2009, but I really feel like it was a year or two after. :/  He was one of the very first people I started talking to when I joined Answerbag. 

There are a couple more people who I think are still members here, but have gone dormant- Araya and XT. I met them at roughly the same time I met Randy D. And, I feel like Amber was one of the early ones too, as was Element. But, we're talking meeting them all within my first week there, so it's really hard to nail down the exact timeline. Randy D was definitely the first one who is active here now though.

And, once we get past the first few days on Answerbag, there's a deluge of people. I don't want to leave anyone out because I've literally "known" or at least interacted with many of these people for close to a decade. If I compiled a list of people I've known since AB who are here now, I'd probably list 30+ people. Maybe more. It's crazy to think about it because I didn't realize I'd known them all for so long. 

August 11, 2019 2:36 PM MDT