Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The convenieces of today are great! But I miss the good old days too. Do you? If so what specifically is it you miss?

The convenieces of today are great! But I miss the good old days too. Do you? If so what specifically is it you miss?

Posted - August 13, 2019

Responses

I miss having a normal phone attached to my wall that I can dial.  I miss that.  I don't see any improvement at all.  The reception sucks on these phones.  I have an $800 phone and I get crappy reception.  I don't use the phone part at all. I text and email and take pictures and do all the other things.  I still   prefer my wall phone for just talking to someone.  
      August 13, 2019 4:07 AM MDT

We don't have one of those Sharon. Jim used to have a plain old cell phone but it died. He was gonna get another one and maybe one day he will. Thank you for your reply.
      August 13, 2019 7:28 AM MDT

Have you checked your carrier's coverage area?
    I know "everybody" is supposed to have good coverage where I am ... but after talking to actual users, I found that Verizon had the only acceptable coverage.  Strange, when all the towers are on the same hill.  But that's how it is.
      August 13, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

I miss the days I could wear suspenders, without being mocked.
    Okay ... I didn't actually have any of those days.
    If you aren't a logger, carpenter, or fisher around here; ya can't wear suspenders without being mocked.
    But I think they're more comfortable than belts.  

lol

August 13, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

Real food.  Not this synthetic crap they peddle nowadays.  
      August 13, 2019 1:34 PM MDT