Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Donald John Trump only wants WEALTHY folks to come here for green cards and eventual citizenship. The poor will be DENIED. Makes sense?

Donald John Trump only wants WEALTHY folks to come here for green cards and eventual citizenship. The poor will be DENIED. Makes sense?

This changes the rules for LEGAL IMMIGRATION. Rich folks...Y"ALL COME ON DOWN YA HEAR? The poor?
Whassamatta you? Are you not paying attention? STAY AWAY.

Posted - August 13, 2019

Responses

Merit based....not just monitary. Ot is also education and skills based. Just as most other countries immigration requirements. 
      August 13, 2019 7:32 AM MDT

Well, let's just add another immigration requirement:  No immigrant who has failed to attain the height of at least 6 feet, 2 inches (without shoes or hats) will be admitted to the USA.   That should eliminate about 95% of immigrants.

In the meantime, if Trump is requiring merit based admissions, there are a number of people on Q & A sites that should be concerned that Trump will be coming for them next.
      August 13, 2019 10:36 AM MDT

Somehow I do not believe experience on a Q&A site will be part of the merits....

Perhaps we should do something like Canada. 
    1. Work experience...1yr
    2. Education...high school or equivalent
    3. Point scale minimum of 67 (follow link to point evaluation)
    4. Offical Language test
    5. Have funds for settlement based on family size

https://www.canadaabroad.com/federal-skilled-worker-program/#1475746245029-ab2ec296-d08f
      August 13, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

If Trump only allowed membership on certain Q & A sites based on merit, some might have to reject some present members or turn them into "dreamers."

The USA also has a skill based "green card" program.

Apparently you want to require every immigrant to the USA to be "skill based."
      August 14, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

They should offer something to the country. 
      August 14, 2019 4:51 PM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! 'Nuff said! :):):)
      August 14, 2019 2:36 AM MDT

Is this about the story I heard on NPR this morning, where Trump wants to remove Green Card status for people on things like food stamps?

I am divided on that.
    On one hand, people shouldn't be coming here to live at taxpayer expense.
    On the other hand, if we don't recognize higher education of other countries - we could get things like a doctor coming here and working as a fast food cook, making minimum wage.

So ... yeah ... I think it needs to be looked at on an individual basis.
    But I don't really trust the government to have the common sense to do it. 
    (see my post about having to provide health coverage to a dead person)
      August 13, 2019 2:51 PM MDT

On the OTHER hand he will be in effect cutting off food stamps for more white people than any immigrants or any blacks or any colors.  WHITES have more food stamps than the rest of them combined.  COMBINED.  So, they are too stupid to not vote for him?  They deserve to starve.   But the kids?  They don't.  They don't deserve to have their food supplimentation cut off and have them starve and have no lunch or breakfast.  THANKS DONALD.  FOR WHAT????

https://www.salon.com/2018/12/27/trumps-white-male-supporters-may-lose-their-food-stamps/ This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 14, 2019 4:56 PM MDT
      August 13, 2019 3:04 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 14, 2019 2:37 AM MDT

Actually, we have a category for doctors in the "green card" program which eliminates that problem.

And actually, there are a number of "green card" programs for different classes of individuals.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/eligibility-categories
      August 14, 2019 2:57 PM MDT