Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » When you eat macaroni & cheese do you add things like lobster, or spinach, perhaps bacon, even ketchup, or are you a mac & cheese purist?

When you eat macaroni & cheese do you add things like lobster, or spinach, perhaps bacon, even ketchup, or are you a mac & cheese purist?

Posted - August 13, 2019

Responses

Spinach and diced tomato goes pretty good -with a generous sprinkle of black pepper. 
      August 13, 2019 10:08 AM MDT

• Sounds delish!  I like spinach in mine too.

August 13, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

I usually just add a fork. 

~
      August 13, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

• LOLOLOLOL!

August 13, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

I love to add peas to it. 

:)
      August 13, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

That sounds good, too -- like all of the additions in the entire set of answers and comments.
      August 13, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

• Makes me think of those frozen meals with the little compartments segregating food.  One for meat.  One for cheesy mac.  One for peas.  Let's tear down walls and mix 'em.  I'll have to try peas and cheese some time.

August 13, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

Oh my GOD that is so cute.  I love that.

Here is a wonderful mac and cheese recipe.  I would personally substitute cream of shrimp or cream of mushroom because I don't eat meat.  I do eat fish, obviously. I am a pescatarian.  I have a name.  

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18871/easy-tuna-casserole/ This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 13, 2019 5:41 PM MDT
      August 13, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

• Pescatarian?  Is that anything like a Presbyterian?  LOL!
      August 13, 2019 2:23 PM MDT

Nothing except for the extreme hippocracy.  
      August 13, 2019 2:55 PM MDT

(I, seriously, just got done staring at those peas and thinking how cute they were. and then I read your comment.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 14, 2019 7:24 AM MDT
      August 13, 2019 5:42 PM MDT

All I’m saying is, give peas a chance. 

~
      August 13, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

If it's Kraft macaroni and cheese, I sometimes add just a little bit of ketchup; a tiny dab and stir. Not anywhere near that much in the image. But he's cute, so he can stay. I'm in a base frame of mind today. :)

Other kinds, I'm usually basic there, too just the pasta and cheese.

Image result for man with ketchup This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 13, 2019 1:21 PM MDT
      August 13, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

•   August 13, 2019 11:25 AM MDT

Yes! Ha!

and your comment here made me smile -- so, for some unknown reason, I'm now posting a younger, smiling picture of actor Richard Widmark. Because?

I was in a restaurant once and some lady came up to me out of the blue, and said, "you look exactly like a young Richard Widmark." She then specifically said a 'young' Richard Widmark. 

I later looked up some pictures of him in his younger years. (I've always liked him as an actor..) I felt like kissing that woman when I saw the photos. (Kiss a woman? Nope, never mind.) I find him very handsome, ha!

This particular image is one where I can sort of see a strong resemblance. So - -

without posting an actual photo of me, this image is the closest I have at the moment of an image of "WelbyQ smiling back at Twinkle Dink's comment to my answer."

Boy - - I better take a break or something. Ha! Strange post, I admit, here! Have to go to work anyway.

Be Well

Image result for young richard widmark smiling

August 13, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

I NEVER get anyone's looks correct.  NEVER.  But this is EXACTLY what I picture you to look like.  I swear.  That is so weird.  
      August 13, 2019 12:07 PM MDT

Maybe because you've known me quite a long time, you were able to see me.
      August 13, 2019 5:45 PM MDT

On the site I saw a post with singer Peter Cetera. This is a picture of him, maybe about the time a neighbor told me, that to her, I looked like Cetera. I thought of your comment here - - and I looked it up, to post an image of Cetera, to see if this fits your image of me, too. Ha! i hope you come across this post, one of many you get in a day I'm sure, ha!
    I don't know what to think, the few times people have mentioned I remind them of someone famous.

So, I may as well go find an image of David Spade, too -- another person people have mentioned.

Peter - -
    Image result for peter cetera

can't get it to post where I want -- here's David Spade, somewhere -- I wrote more words somewhere in this box, who knows where they'll show up; just look around :)

Forget it - - I'll try posting the David Spade image as a separate comment to your post

and David Spade  -- looking like he did at about the time I was told I looked like him. I can sort of see a resemblance here.

Be well --

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 9, 2019 6:44 AM MDT
      September 9, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

• You know full well that you're not gonna get away with posting Peter Cetera without me dropping an Amy Grant video...

"The Next Time I Fall In Love"

September 9, 2019 7:14 PM MDT

I forgot about this song!

Always liked it!
      September 9, 2019 7:30 PM MDT

See other comment I posted about David Spade

Image result for david spade
      September 9, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

• I think Randy must have slipped me something in my macaroni because when I look at you I keep seeing the word alamy floating around.
      August 13, 2019 12:13 PM MDT

Sure, blame the black guy. Grrrrrr. 

(J/k!)

~
      August 13, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

Sure use a BLACK tlide'.   SURE.  What about WHITE TILDES like the one below????

picture of white tilde on the left here.

Randy is being racist by only portraying black tildes.  

As you can see by all my posts, I use the white tilde every time I write an answer or post a question.
      August 13, 2019 2:23 PM MDT