Discussion » Questions » Travel » How tall are the ice walls that keep earth's oceans from draining off into outer space? They gotta be Yuge!

How tall are the ice walls that keep earth's oceans from draining off into outer space? They gotta be Yuge!

Posted - August 14, 2019

Responses

Oh please tell me you don't speak like you wrote Yuge.  I might have the answer to your question but I can't get past the pronunciation.  I'll look it up only if you promise me you will pronounce your "H" as it was intended.  Think of pushing air from the back of your throat.
    Have you ever seen the Sound of Music?
    Let's start from the very beginning
      August 14, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

• Good Post, Merlin.  "The Goat" loves that movie.  So do I.
      August 14, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Thanks Twinkle! :)  I was hoping a few of us would appreciate a good, happy, memory. 
    Hugs and Loves! :) :)
      August 15, 2019 9:09 AM MDT

Pardon me for that, Merlin.  I was channeling my inner  Trump.  The icy tentacles of stupidity thrust themselves straight-up my back-side, clamped down on my brain stem with a death grip, and circumvented the flow of blood to my nut. All I could think of was "Yuge", "Bigly", and "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."  I say this with the utmost conviction as most flat earthers are Trumpladytes.

"Have you ever seen the Sound of Music?"
    To me, the "Sound Of Music" is a life hack!!!

I have watched it so many times that I cannot even count. Julie Andrews is my spirit vagina.lol.
    If you had any idea how many times I saw that film and numerous stage events.  My favorite was a Rocky Horror Picture Show- movie showing where people got up, sang and enacted moments of the movie (Many in costume). It was a blast and I was so roasted!  lol

This post was edited by Jon at August 15, 2019 1:10 PM MDT
      August 14, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

Oh-da-Lay-eeeee!  Oh-da-Lay-EEEEE!  Oh-da-LAY-EEEEEEE...
    Lay-De-Oh-a-Lay-De-Oh-a-Lay-PHEW!!
    I would have to say the Sound of Music IS my favorite musical.  But, I struggle with that because the original West Side Story is also.  Very different musicals but still a fight between "gangs," to put it bluntly.
    I wanted to be Julie Andrews for many reasons.  We watched this muscial EVERY year that I can remember it being aired on TV.  My parents have the soundtrack, on Album, and we used to play it and dance around the house.  
    I still love this movie and inspired to see if it is on Netflix to watch it again, tonight. 
    Torture for Don, I'm sure, but it will be good for him.  He's used to it by now! A little pat of culture now and again does him good.  Big Giggles!  Thanks Goat!  :) :)
      August 15, 2019 9:07 AM MDT

Oh no! the ice sheets are melting.  We are all going to be flung off into space when that happens.  All the poor fish who will be swimming in the ocean one minute and the next be in space.  Do you think because of evolution, humans will no longer need oxygen to survive in the future? 
      August 14, 2019 12:27 PM MDT

Someone on this thread has been flung into outer space long ago.  And never came back.  Hellllloooooooo?  Anybody out there?

And before I get REPORTED?  This is not attacking anybody.  This is CHIDING a nice friend with total love.  

And this is one of my favorite songs.  I took the time because like Hallmark cards, I cared to send the very best.

4  -  3   -  TWOOOO, ONE  Earth below us.  Drifting falling  Floating weightless....falling falling.....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 15, 2019 10:22 AM MDT
      August 14, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

• I see your "Major Tom" and raise you one "Rocket Man."

August 14, 2019 1:17 PM MDT

I see your Rocket Man and Raise you one spoon.  

This guy?  He can blast Elton right past Jupiter.

Soundgarden · Lead vocalist
    Soundgarden was an American rock band formed in Seattle, Washington, in 1984 by singer and rhythm guitarist Chris Cornell, lead guitarist Kim Thayil, and bassist Hiro Yamamoto.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 15, 2019 10:23 AM MDT
      August 14, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

Hmmm, Interesting thought. 

I'm so glad you brought up evolution!  Have you ever heard of the "Phone Bone"?
    Apparently horns’ are growing on young people’s skulls.  Scientists are blaming the use of cell phones. 
    Biomechanic research is suggesting that people are developing hornlike spikes at the back of their skulls — bone spurs caused by the forward tilt of the head, which shifts weight from the spine to the muscles at the back of the head, causing bone growth in the connecting tendons and ligaments. The weight transfer that causes the buildup can be compared to the way the skin thickens into a callus as a response to pressure or abrasion.  Soon,(if not already)  people will be born with "Phone Bones".
    Here, check it out...

I don't know how you feel about this, but I'm excited about the prospect of having another bone in my body

August 14, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

I DID.  This is so weird.  SO FREAKY.   What are we gonna look like in 100 years?  1,000?  
      August 15, 2019 1:11 PM MDT

Research and learn about gravity. Google is your friend.
      August 14, 2019 12:43 PM MDT

Lips that touch Jeff Beezos' shall never touch those that use BING.  

God that BING is the worst.  THE WORST.  
      August 14, 2019 12:50 PM MDT

• Oh for Heaven's sake Stu Bee, surely you know he's just kidding.  LOL!  
      August 14, 2019 1:09 PM MDT

He has a chance to correct. Don't deprive him of his one and only joy.  
      August 14, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

• That's our lovable Stu Bee.  It's all part of his charm.
      August 14, 2019 1:14 PM MDT

The code that cannot be broken?  I have learned a thing. If you compliment those that are trying to goad?  It is way more of a thrill.  

And those that I really compliment know the difference. For instance, you KNOW that I think you are great.  Others?  Have thinner skin and will put us in the jail on here.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 14, 2019 1:35 PM MDT
      August 14, 2019 1:21 PM MDT

Is that what it's called?
      August 14, 2019 3:04 PM MDT

Of course I know that. But don't call me Shirley.
      August 15, 2019 10:36 AM MDT

•   August 15, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

August 15, 2019 1:16 PM MDT

•   August 15, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

Bro, If the earth were round, we'd all be flung off into space. Since it's flat, everything just falls down so there is no need for gravity, silly
    This also helps explain the numerous extinction events on earth
      August 14, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

• Its snowing! 
    Quick, use that snow to build an ice wall to hold us all in.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 15, 2019 10:31 AM MDT
      August 14, 2019 1:43 PM MDT