Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The most EVIL DEPRAVED VILE pedophiles are those who represent GOD among the clergy. Why are so many drawn to the church? EASY ACCESS?

The most EVIL DEPRAVED VILE pedophiles are those who represent GOD among the clergy. Why are so many drawn to the church? EASY ACCESS?

Posted - August 14, 2019

Responses

:):):)
      August 19, 2019 2:50 AM MDT

I understand that tom. What I don't understand and never will is WHY ARE SO MANY OF THEM DRAWN TO THE CHURCH? Why not have them be gambling addicts or alcoholics or having sex with consenting ADULTS?
    I know we are imperfect. Those imperfections manifest themselves in a variety of ways. But preying upon children who are vulnerable and easy targets? Why THAT sin which is most egregious and reprehensible and repugnant and an ABOMINATION. I have heard some victims say they told their parents but their parents did not believe them. Their parents were so certain that " men of God" would never do such a cruel evil thing as sexually abusing children. I do not believe GOD CHOOSES PEDOPHILES to be priests. I believe that is entirely the work of Satan. Sigh.

I hope I don't misunderstand your last paragraph. God in His infinite wisdom choosing pedophiles? I think not. I judge the church by what its movers and shakers have allowed. Not only allowed but enabled facilitated covered up. None of them serve GOD. All of them served themselves or others and in so doing victimized the most vulnerable. "Suffer the little children to come unto me". I take that seriously. Please clarify what you mean by your last paragraph because it sounds very cold and cruel and a rationalization justification for pedophilia in the church. Like you are actually saying that we cannot blame the church for what it allows and covers up. I cannot fathom that coming from you. So clearly I do not understand what you are saying. My bad. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday.
      August 15, 2019 3:35 AM MDT

I will reply to this, Rosie---give me a few more days. 
      August 16, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

No worries my friend. The issue is not a simple one. The fact that pedophiles operate in GOD's homes on earth just devastates me. I think it is most evil there. I  mean it's bad enough in the Boy Scouts or by coaches in sports or by teachers. But among GOD"s representatives on earth I think it is BLASPHEMOUS and HEINOUS and particularly EVIL. We are repelled by incest more than by a stranger raping a convenient target. Same thing for me in the church. What I find especially galling are those parents who did not believe their children and sided with the priests. The children were raped/sexually abused by them as well as emotionally and mentally by their own parents. So the children were doubly whammied and harmed grievously. OK. I shall move on. SIGH. Thank you for your reply tom. This post was edited by RosieG at August 19, 2019 2:30 AM MDT
      August 19, 2019 2:28 AM MDT

Pedos go to where the children are...schools, churches, daycares, playgrounds etc. 

Catholic church should have immediately reported these evil people to the police. Not covered it up and moved them around from town to town....just disgusting.
      August 14, 2019 5:23 PM MDT

I totally agree with thee m2c. So the children are like sitting ducks in a shooting gallery. I've read that when some of them told their parents about the abuse the parents did not believe their chlldren! That would be heaping more damage on the children. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      August 15, 2019 3:37 AM MDT

Actually, prior to the increased use of mental health and other professionals involved in the application process for becoming a seminarian, subjecting oneself to the structure and discipline of the life of a clergyman may have been seen by some applicants as a way of keeping their demons (pedophilia orientation, but not pedophilia disorder) at bay---not unlike the advice given to Ophelia to "get thee to a nunnery" to remain chaste.  (Yeah, I know "nunnery" in Shakespeare's time also referred to a brothel.) 

I post the following and its link for those with enquiring minds (and the patience to read a long post.):

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/do-the-right-thing/201808/separating-facts-about-clergy-abuse-fiction

Four Important Facts to Keep in Mind

1. No empirical data exists that suggests that Catholic clerics sexually abuse minors at a level higher than clerics from other religious traditions or from other groups of men who have ready access and power over children (e.g., school teachers, coaches).

2. Clerical celibacy doesn’t cause pedophilia and sexual crimes against minors.  (And the vast majority of sex offenders in our community are not celibate men.)

3. Homosexual clerics aren’t the cause of pedophilia in the Church.

Sexual orientation isn't a risk factor for pedophilia. Pedophilia and sex offending behavior is not predicted by sexual orientation but by other known risk factors such as a history of child abuse, impulse control problems, alcohol problems, head injuries, and an inability to manage and maintain satisfying adult and peer relationships.

4. The Church has used best practices to deal with this issue since 2002.

The incidents of clerical abuse in recent years (i.e., since 2002) are down to a trickle. Many of the newer abuse cases since 2002 have been perpetrated by visiting international priests here on vacation or sabbatical who have not gone through the extensive training and screening that American clerics now go through. The Dallas Charter and subsequent Church reforms have resulted in a number of industry standard and even ground breaking policies and procedures to keep children safe in Church related activities and keep abusing priests out of ministry. All dioceses and religious orders, as well as the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, have lay review boards with judges, lawyers, psychologists, social workers, human resource professionals, law enforcement officers, and so forth reviewing every and all cases of reported clerical problem behavior. All church workers, including clerics and lay volunteers, must participate in safe environment training that highlights signs and symptoms of abuse and details policies and procedures for keeping children safe and reporting clerical misbehavior. An independent auditing firm conducts yearly audits to ensure that all dioceses follow these guidelines and then make their findings publicly known. A zero-tolerance policy is now in effect such that any credible accusation of abuse is reported to law enforcement, the offending party is pulled from ministry and evaluated, and if accusations are found to be credible then the offending party never returns to ministry ever again. Things are very different in the Church post 2002 than before 2002 and the outcome in terms of new cases is proof that these measures are working.

August 16, 2019 3:22 PM MDT

So some very sexually depraved people became priests because they thought the church environment could help them contain their demons? Well we see how well that worked. The mentally emotionally spiritually depraved are damaged defective human beings. Blaming them is like blaming an insane person. They just need to be dealt with and removed from the church. They are not the people with whom I have an issue. It those who cover up for them and moved them from place to place that are the evildoers here. They KNEW better and they didn't do a dam* thing to protect the people from these sexually depraved "holy" men. I don't know if there are sexually depraved nuns tom. If so you don't really hear much about them. Getting back to the issue. The moment instant a priest is identified as a sexually depraved abuser he should be pulled out of the church and put away somewhere for sexually depraved people. Until he is cured. He will be disrobed and disenfranchised because I have read that there is no cure for pedophilia. The best that can be done is to CONTAIN them and REMOVE them from society. Also on upside they will be all suffering from the same demons so they are at liberty to sexually abuse one another if they must. Do they go to confession for that? I'm not being a smart a** here. I just want to know how it works for sick perverts. SIGH> Thank you for your reply.
      August 19, 2019 3:00 AM MDT

Where better to hide out and prey on children then a church protected by the highest ranking religious like the Pope or top leaders if every religious order Rosie....
    There have been so many English government members of our government and police force that are themselves  paedophiles protecting their fellow perverts...
    We also have serious paedophiles running childred care homes ,orphanages, young offenders organizations ,mental institutions for both kids and adults  ,sports centers and sports coachs ....
    How many well known actors and films stars and film producers are perverts to....

Most all pervert get jobs where their prey is easy prey and their own hierarchy are known to protect them...
    The pope and the Roman Catholic Church is a prime example....

Preach God and Prey at will.... 
      August 14, 2019 6:28 PM MDT

The church may not have KNOWINGLY originally hired sex perverts that prey on children. But once it was know there is no excuse for moving them around, covering it up and protecting the monstrous evildoers for years. None. It is the fault of the church for harboring sanctioning condoning protecting. No doubt about it. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Thursday to thee. I wish all pedophiles would be called up to GOD and then sent to purgatory for eternity! :)
      August 15, 2019 3:40 AM MDT

I though he preached about forgiving everyone Rosie,,,,if he's that good ,why let them do it in the first place.  
      August 15, 2019 4:45 PM MDT

For the same reason that He doesn't moderate these posts.

Free will allows us to be stupid.
      August 17, 2019 11:03 AM MDT

Free will D. We are given that option to make choices. Cars have a variety of gears and speeds. The driver decides how fast to go not the automaker. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      August 19, 2019 3:02 AM MDT