Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Many broken bones in the neck which is consistent with strangulation by another person." After the autopsy we pause. Murder/suicide?

"Many broken bones in the neck which is consistent with strangulation by another person." After the autopsy we pause. Murder/suicide?

We do not know yet.What do you bet?

Posted - August 15, 2019

Responses

Personally, I believe this was a homicide.
      August 15, 2019 8:24 AM MDT

Yep. Full on murder ordered by well all of them! Murder on the Orient Express? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday! :)
      August 15, 2019 10:57 AM MDT

I bet Trump will start saying they found evidence that he hung himself so it proves he had nothing to do with it but he won't mention that they found broken bones that could be caused by strangulation. Cheers!
      August 15, 2019 9:00 AM MDT

He will probably vent tweet that the Dems were to blame. I think all the creepy slimy scum who associated with the dungbum Epstein are guilty. If not for hands on but hoping this would happen. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      August 15, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

Well, let's see.  He is a stinking coward.  He would NEVER off himself.  That would be like DONALD TRUMP killing himself.  

NO.

He was murdered.  

This was a bad joke.  The only thing I like about it is the fact that they tried to do it a few weeks ago and now they succeeded, so he must have been in holy terror throughout the jail stay.

Since he suffered NOTHING regarding the first incarceration, this was a tad of justice for a moron who should have rotted in prison for years.   Is Harvye Weinstein next? 
      August 15, 2019 9:03 AM MDT

Well deserved he** though he should have suffered as many attacks as the number of little girls he attacked...which would be in the hundreds or thousands...give or take. Sigh. Thank you for your reply Sharon! :)
      August 15, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

If there IS an afterlife?   He is enjoying his at present. And GOD?  God sees everything Jeffrey did and if there is Justice?  GOD WILL LET JEFFREY SEE WHAT HE DID TOO.  AND FEEL WHAT THOSE GIRLS FELT.  FOREVER.  
      August 15, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

Its written that Jesus said - we will all be judged for our sins but Whoa to the person that hurts my children so he will be given a horrible sentence. Cheers!
      August 15, 2019 11:18 AM MDT

https://www.newsweek.com/jeffrey-epstein-autopsy-neck-hyoid-bone-broken-suicide-homicide-1454457

"If, hypothetically, the hyoid bone is broken, that would generally raise questions about strangulation, but it is not definitive and does not exclude suicidal hanging," Jonathan L. Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, told the Post.

A 2018 forensic pathology paper by Zátopková et al found that hyoid fractures in hanging victims occurred in 72.5 percent of the 178 cases studied. Another paper from 1996 by Pollanen and Chiasson said the hyoid is fractured in one-third of all homicides by strangulation.

However, a 2010 paper by the anthropologist Kenneth A.R. Kennedy warned that hyoid fractures can be misinterpreted in homicide cases because there is a range of reasons for them to occur.

- -
    So there is a higher chance of the bone being broken due to hanging, than strangulation.

(btw - I knew of the hyoid due to watching the TV series Bones.  lol)
      August 15, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

I know the hyoid. I don't have to watch tv. LOL 

And I agree with you totally.  BUT.... wouldn't you do this for that reason?  I mean how can you prove it WAS strangulation?  Just put a noose around the neck afterwards and make sure there are ropemarks aplenty.

So?  The only WAY to prove it was strangulation.  would be if they can ever determine that the hanging occurred AFTERWARDS.

I think they should be ABLE to do that.

I KNOW they could if they found the right scientist.  
      August 15, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

Yep ... there is a way to determine if someone was strangled before or after death.

Personally, if I were to hang myself, I'd prefer the instant death of a broken neck rather than strangulation.
      August 15, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

OK. THEN WHY DON'T "THEY"  DO THAT?????????  WHY are they doing anything BESIDES THAT??????

That is the ANSWER.  Then what will they say?  He strangled himself and broke his hyoid and didn't die? And hung himself?  That will be a hard thing to PROVE.  But I am seeing my obstacles as I write this down.  It will boil down to speculation.  They will throw all sorts of arguments about PSEUDO SCIENCE and that type of argument.  It depends on who has the most to lose. And we already know where this will end up. In the dustbin of history.  

Sorry for the double spacing. I know it is harder to read but I don't know why my computer starts this crap.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 15, 2019 12:09 PM MDT
      August 15, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

That caution was reported in the BBC Radio Four News this evening, with the note that the chances of the bone being fractured in either suicide or murder, increases with age - Epstein was 66.

The News also reported that very serious questions are being asked over the management of the prison. 
      August 15, 2019 4:00 PM MDT

Gives reason to look more indept. A suicide is possible to break those bones. Especially in an older person. 

The man in NYC who resisted arrest (Eric Gardener??) and was brought down by a neck hold/choke hold by the NYPD. He later died at the hospital. But bones were not broken. 

So it is not in and of itself conclusive.
      August 15, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

Yes, murder most foul!  I wonder if the warden and the two guards will be the scapegoats or whether they will look to see who actually committed the deed.  Stay tuned.  Happy Thursday. :)
      August 15, 2019 2:11 PM MDT