Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "You never get punished for doing nothing". Said by someone. Does that sound as stoopid dumb to thee as it does to me which is enormously?

"You never get punished for doing nothing". Said by someone. Does that sound as stoopid dumb to thee as it does to me which is enormously?

Posted - August 15, 2019

Responses

It's not even true.  Did anonymous ever visit the thousands of prisons in the world?  In their own city?   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 16, 2019 2:35 AM MDT
      August 15, 2019 12:11 PM MDT

I was at the computer Sharon and that's within the sound of the TV in the other room so I have no idea who said ot. But it struck as being unbelievably untrue yet it was not challenged. I don't get it. I get why people say dumb things. They're not very bright. But I don't get it when the dumb things they say go unchallenged. We live in a sea of dumb and we're drowning in it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      August 16, 2019 2:38 AM MDT

Yes---dumb.

Let's go with Christ's warning: He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 

(From KJV because it came up first.)

And also---the parable of the talents: For to all those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 30 As for this worthless slave, throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’  This post was edited by tom jackson at August 16, 2019 2:38 AM MDT
      August 15, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

You know tom it seems to me we live in a sea of dumb these days and folks don't bother challenging it. Are we numb to dumb? I'm gonna ask. It doesn't bother me that some folks say dumb things. Some folks are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. What bothers me is that so much dumb is unchallenged. Is it a communicable disease that is now an epidemic? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! SIGH.
      August 16, 2019 2:42 AM MDT

Waterworld for sure---I just try to keep my catamaran afloat.
      August 17, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

WOW! Perfect example. I was on a catamaran once upon a time long ago. Out of San Diego. Visited a friend who had one. When the catamaran catches the wind they go very fast! It was a ride to be remembered. I also had the funnest time one day on another friend's sailboat. We became becalmed for awhile and it was so peaceful. I think I'm more a sailboat than a catamaran! Gotta ask! SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      August 19, 2019 2:06 AM MDT

That statement is false.    I believe there was a ex-sheriff's deputy who did nothing during a school shooting and ended up going to jail for it.
      August 15, 2019 4:05 PM MDT

Precisely Shuhak. It doesn't take a genius to know how false and illogical that statement is. I don't get it. People say dumb things. That isn't what bothers. Not challenging it is what really puzzles me. We live in a sea of dumb. I'm gonna ask a question about it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      August 16, 2019 2:43 AM MDT