Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Your Donald John Trump extremely stable genius allegedly consider(s) buying Greenland? Someone floated that idea to him and he bit?

Your Donald John Trump extremely stable genius allegedly consider(s) buying Greenland? Someone floated that idea to him and he bit?

He is still inquiring about whether he or the United States could acquire Greenland? WHAT?

So what would he do with it? Build another golf course or massive bigly hotel like the one he wants in Moscow?

So was it a joke that someone told and the Donald John Trump took it seriously and still does?

Will the Donald John Trump actually try to buy Greenland?

I dunno. It seems like an obvious joke but if so is the Donald John Trump not in on it or is he just playing along?

Posted - August 16, 2019

Responses

The idea first came up in 1860, under President Andrew Johnson.
    President Truman had the same thought, in 1946 ... he actually offered Denmark $100 million (in gold) for it.

Greenland is a strategic asset.
    Truman's reasoning was: Greenland sat practically dead center between the population centers of the United States and several major cities in the U.S.S.R. To Pentagon strategists, that made Greenland a valuable piece of real estate. If the Soviets launched an attack, American bombers stationed on the island would already be halfway to Moscow.

Of course, in the 1950's the US negotiated with Denmark and built an airbase there (displacing the natives, once again).

In the 1970s, Vice President Nelson Rockefeller reportedly suggested buying Greenland for its mineral resources.
      August 16, 2019 7:19 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

How ya been? 

If you want proof that Donald Trump is the STUPIDEST man in the world, this is it.

excon This post was edited by excon at August 16, 2019 8:43 AM MDT
      August 16, 2019 7:20 AM MDT

Hi there m'dear. Jim and I are doing fine. Hope you and yours are doing fine too! We knew chump was stupid decades ago. The degree of that stupidity however is way beyond my imagination even. I await each day with anticipation of what the stupid dumb extremely stable genius prez will come up with next. Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Friday to ya! :) ((hugs))
      August 16, 2019 7:50 AM MDT

Hello again, Rosie:

Cool!  Stay healthy and keep giving 'em hell.

Steve
      August 16, 2019 8:00 AM MDT

You got it babe! You too Steve! Really swell hearing from you! :):):)
      August 16, 2019 8:02 AM MDT

Per Denmark:

"We are open for business, but we're not for sale," Greenland's foreign minister Ane Lone Bagger told Reuters."

Now DJT can pout and spend the day tweeting about what an awful country is Greenland.
      August 16, 2019 8:59 AM MDT