Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » This is my cat. His name is Bixby. Isn't he cute? How much do you love him? No matter what "Gris" says, my cat does not stink. LOL!

This is my cat. His name is Bixby. Isn't he cute? How much do you love him? No matter what "Gris" says, my cat does not stink. LOL!

Posted - August 16, 2019

Responses

I LOVE BIXBY OMIGOD HE IS SO CUTE AND PRECIOUS 

LOOK HOW TINY HE IS 

LOOK AT HIS LITTLE FUZZY ORANGE HEAD 

AND HIS TINY PEETS 

IM CRYING 
      August 16, 2019 11:48 AM MDT

• Bixby sends his love and best wishes.  He truly appreciates his many fans. 

August 16, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

HES EVEN CUTER UP CLOSE 
      August 16, 2019 1:23 PM MDT

And just look out the window.  Look at the size of that litterbox.
      August 16, 2019 12:06 PM MDT

• The world is his litterbox.  LOL!  And we are only here to serve...
      August 16, 2019 12:28 PM MDT

HUGELY Giggles and truth!!
    AMEN to that statement and the happiness of Bixby and Twinkle Dink's nose.
    I totally agree!!
      August 17, 2019 2:13 PM MDT

• Ewwwww....   Cat pooping in the house and spreading it all over with his chit paws.
      August 16, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

• Whattaya talk? 
    I don't have a chitty-kitty. 
    My cat's paws have the magical ability to make you love felines. 

Can you feel the love growing inside you?

August 16, 2019 2:26 PM MDT

at this point I'm starting to think you're just salty because you've had a lot of cats that run away in the end 
      August 16, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

Wild cats in nature don't **** in their own dens.
    The mother cat (yes, it's yukky) cleans up her kittens with her tongue.
    When they're old enough to move around of their own accord, they follow her outside. 
    She digs a hole to wee and poo and buries it; this prevents the smells that would attract predators to find and eat her babies while she's out hunting. 
    They learn by copying everything she does.

With cats raised by commercial breeders, the queen or mother cat teaches the kittens to use the litter tray in the cage.
    So bought kittens automatically have clean habits.

A cat will only dirty its own environment if left locked inside for long hours and the human has not cleaned out the litter tray properly.
    Properly means all faeces and soaked litter removed every day, and the tray washed and litter replaced as soon as it gets a bit wiffy.
    In other words, it has to be desperate.

We keep our cat's tray on the verandah, well out of the reach of rain.
    She will push through the cat door to go out and use it even in the middle of a freezing night.

Tom's will instinctively spray their territories - but responsible pet owners do not keep Toms.

Also, some cats may take revenge by doing something they know they're owner hates when they're stressed by something.
    Cats do not forgive or forget cruel, selfish or inconsiderate behaviour.
    The more frequent, erratic or habitual the negative behaviours, including abuse and violence towards other human family members and pets, the more neurotic and badly behaved a cat will become.
    A cat will forgive a human if the human apologises for the mistake - providing it wasn't too heinous.
    Try asking vets or the staff at animal rescue centres if you want corroboration.

When domestic animals behave badly, the most common cause is ignorance on the human's part.
    The human does not understand the animal's needs, doesn't know how to read its body language, and doesn't know the species-specific way to train it effectively.

This post was edited by my2cents at August 17, 2019 2:14 PM MDT
      August 16, 2019 2:56 PM MDT

hes cute, ive thought of getting a cat myself
      August 16, 2019 2:33 PM MDT

• Whatever you do, don't let Gris's smear campaign change your mind.

August 16, 2019 2:40 PM MDT

aaah.... Bixby... such a little cutie,
    seems like he has it made...
    very Cool.
    And I bet he has
    a beautiful couch he can use 
    as his scratching post?...haha
      August 16, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

Yes,  Bixby  is adorable.   The only thing that  "stinks"  about  cats, usually, is  their  instinct  to kill  other little creatures  just  because.  Dogs often do that too, though...including  cats.  
      August 16, 2019 3:20 PM MDT

Awwww, I love the name "Bixby," it fits him perfectly.  He is sooooo cute. 
      August 16, 2019 5:39 PM MDT

Orange tabbies are great colors for cats. I used to love that damn Morris. lol
    He was big and grumpy 

Bixby is a lucky kitty to have a loving daddy like you.

Now, in respect to Gris. LOL 
    He is right. Indoor cats defecate and urinate in a box in your home.  I don't care what people try to say...the moment I walk into their home, if they have a cat, I will smell it.  The problem really comes into play when you have three or more felines. From my experience, there really is no discernible difference in the stench level between 1 or 2 cats, but when you have  3 or more ..Holy hell the stank is revolting and you should basically burn your house down with all your belongings inside.

Seriously, Burn...that...shnitzel...down

This post was edited by Jon at August 17, 2019 2:15 PM MDT
      August 16, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

The problem with cats is ----------- They have instincts to kill anything small enough that they can overcome. I have two, and they love to track down baby rabbits and eat them. 
      August 17, 2019 6:17 AM MDT

Cute. 
    This is my cat trying to play with my son's leopard gecko. 
      August 17, 2019 1:45 PM MDT