Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Didja hear about what Shell Oil & Gas done did to their employees? It is shocking as he** but not at all surprising. WHAT?

Didja hear about what Shell Oil & Gas done did to their employees? It is shocking as he** but not at all surprising. WHAT?

"Pennsylvania union leaders reveal Shell employees who skipped a trump rally lost hundreds of dollars in income"

"Shell employees given a choice of hearing trump speak or losing a day's pay"

"Oil and gas giant Shell Oil told workers to show up and cheer for trump if they wanted to get paid"

How many other big business chump a** kissers have done that to their employees?
Strongarming..intimidating..coercion. Whatta revoltin' development that is.

Posted - August 18, 2019

Responses

Ain't unions great?

Although there's a bit more to this story than what you've outlined, it's still deplorable.  Of course, one has to remember that many unions think they're "gods" and can do whatever they wish.

August 18, 2019 9:47 AM MDT

I think it stinks bigly Shuhak. Does the "more " to the story mitigate/ameliorate anything? Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 18, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

Well they could force them to attend but they couldn't  force them to smile. Most of the workers in the photos seemed to be not very happy to be there. Cheers!
      August 18, 2019 9:54 AM MDT

You saw a photo of the hostages Nanoose? Wow. Well I sure pity them and I hope to he** they look for and find other jobs EN MASSE. Shell should go to he**. Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 18, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

If it's any comfort, Shell might try that on but it does not own its employees' minds.

By the way, was this in normal working time or on a weekend when the staff would normally be at home unless on necessary process-shift work?
      August 19, 2019 11:13 AM MDT