Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Shell oil is getting lotsa bigly attention for docking the pay of workers who did not attend a chump rally. D'ya luv 'em even more y'all?

Shell oil is getting lotsa bigly attention for docking the pay of workers who did not attend a chump rally. D'ya luv 'em even more y'all?

They are such IN YOUR FACE PRO DON SHYSTERS they make their employees pay with their own money for refusing to attend a chump rally.

I say they have HUGE  cajones for doing that.

I also say every other extremely WHITE extremely RIGHT WING conservative nationalist company will do it too. He** if THEY(the shysters SHELL) can get away with so can Hobby Lobby and Papa John and Chick Fil A and all the other extremely WHITE right wingers.

Be warned. You too will be stiffed for your pay if you DON'T do what they say.

This is America folks. You do what you're told OR ELSE.

Posted - August 19, 2019

Responses

Docking the pay of workers for working?

That's original!

Evidently it's legal, but what do the Unions say about it?
      August 19, 2019 10:54 AM MDT

No. Docking the pay of workers who refused to attend a chump rally. Shell is the culprit Durdle. It's all over the news here in this country. Thank you for your reply. It may be legal but it isn't right. :)
      August 19, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

Oh, I agree it's not right; but it's also really weird. Especially if this rally would have taken people out of work for the day.
      August 19, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

They had to wait hours for chump to show up and then sit through his repetitious gibberish and pretend to love it. Can you imagine that? If they get away with it well all the other prodon Extreme right-wing Conservative Nationalist Fascists will pull the same crap. As I said this country has gone over the edge. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      August 20, 2019 3:11 AM MDT

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/17/1879622/-Oil-and-gas-giant-Shell-told-workers-to-show-up-and-cheer-for-Trump-if-they-wanted-to-get-paid

So, it sounds to me like the unions could have a case with the NLRB.
    Attending a rally is not in the job descriptions, I will bet.

But you can bet if the unions try to enforce their contract, or file a grievance, the "right wing" media will spin it as any way other than protecting the rights of workers.
      August 19, 2019 1:48 PM MDT