Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Greenland sez they are open for business but not for sale. Did chump check out Iceland? Why not buy that instead?

Greenland sez they are open for business but not for sale. Did chump check out Iceland? Why not buy that instead?

Posted - August 19, 2019

Responses

Greenland is Danish territory and that's how its residents want it to stay; or at least be independent.

Iceland is an independent nation and probably even more likely to tell Trump to go away, please. (diplomatic speak for "P*** Off!").
      August 19, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

Ya know I think "P***" off is the pc way to say "F*** off"! Sorry Durdle. It just sat there begging for me to say it! Well chump is certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He gets obsessed with things 24/7 and gawd forbid anyone who tries to harness him contain him control him calm him down. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 19, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

trump thinks its called Greenland because it's full of greenbacks.   Iceland, on the other hand, is just full of ice (and it'll stay that way as global warming isn't real).  Bright watt?  I think not! 
      August 19, 2019 12:48 PM MDT

Funnee hunnee. I wonder where chumps sights will go next? Certainly not any country that isn't all white, right? Norway. He mentioned that once. He wanted more folks coming to America from Norway than from "sh**hole" countries. I gotta ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Tuesday! :)
      August 20, 2019 3:23 AM MDT

Doesn't that just speak of the level of Trump's ignorance and arrogance that he thinks everything can be manipulated or bought with money. Not everywhere worships money 
      August 19, 2019 2:19 PM MDT

Of course it does. He is a greedy money hungry hoor Addb. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 20, 2019 3:24 AM MDT

President Truman also wanted to buy Greenland.
      August 19, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

ANOTHER WHADDABOUT WHAT ABOUT?
      August 20, 2019 3:25 AM MDT

Ah, now. .President Truman's bid.

This morning, the BBC Radio 4 current-affairs programme Today interviewed a leading American - I think the present or former US Ambassador to Denmark but certainly an authority on such matters - about that.

He explained why you cannot compare the situations. Truman's government had a strategic reason. This pre-dated NATO and President Truman wanted tighter Western control of the Arctic as the Cold War started to develop. Since Denmark including Greenland became a NATO member, that territorial need by the USA no longer exists.

August 21, 2019 4:32 AM MDT