Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » NYPD FIRES OFFICERS IN ERIC GARNER CASE. What in the he** took so long to right that wrong?

NYPD FIRES OFFICERS IN ERIC GARNER CASE. What in the he** took so long to right that wrong?

The jacka** cop chokeheld Garner WHICH IS ILLEGAL until he died. Garner said "I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe" numerous times. The murderer ignored him and kept chokeholding. I think it's taken FIVE YEARS to do the right thing. SHAME on all of those who put the Garner family through he**. Justice delayed is justice denied? I dunno. What do you think?

Posted - August 19, 2019

Responses

Most people believe that if you can speak, you are breathing.
    Some police are actually officially told this myth.

I haven't been following the case ... so don't know what the officer's thinking was.
    But obviously, the police department needs to review the training officers receive.
      August 19, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

Courts take forever. 

He was not choked to death. He had an asthma attack and died  later in route to the hospital. The Dr said it was a "lethal cascade” of events, ending in a fatal asthma attack. "Compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police."

Another case of do not resist the police it will not go well for you. I have told my children this when they became teenagers.

That said the rule there was no neck contact at all...so the officer was in the wrong.
      August 19, 2019 3:10 PM MDT