Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Environment » how to get a neighbor thats throwing pot parties out of here

how to get a neighbor thats throwing pot parties out of here

a neighbor next to me has had her boyfriend living with her for 8 months when hes not on the lease, they throw pot parties on wknds especially since management aint here, she brings all these homeless people in and they smoke inside, noone is supposed to smoke inside the building, and if we tell management about it we get ignored, shes been doing this for months and noone cares to kick her out for it, im afraid they'll make meth someday and it might explode, i live next door to her, someone said she has signs of using meths cause its affecting her skin but noone will do anything, not even the police, i dont like having someone near me doing that. it makes me feel unsafe that shes bringing all these homeless strangers in and doing drugs with them, my apt manager could care less. any hope of getting her out of here before she starts a fire with all her smoking?

Posted - August 23, 2019

Responses

Move. 
      August 23, 2019 5:28 PM MDT

why should i have to do all the work? im not the one doing drugs
      August 24, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

Because you deserve better. If you can’t change your surroundings, it might be worthwhile to find new surroundings
    You said yourself that management “could care less”, then nothing will improve. You don’t have to live somewhere that makes you unhappy. 
      August 24, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

I have a weird feeling that if she moves she'll just have some different neighbors she'll have complaints about here.
      August 24, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

Yeah, there is no cure for that. 
      August 24, 2019 2:30 PM MDT

Don's answer has been liked repeatedly for a reason.

Pot is legal where you are. If you take issue with it, you'll have to move somewhere it's not. 

Moreover, if these people are spreading rumors about that woman, they're doing the same thing to you when you're not there. Something to think about before you hang someone out to dry over what the rumor mill has to say. 
      August 24, 2019 12:09 AM MDT

theyre not supposed to smoke inside
      August 24, 2019 11:33 AM MDT

Get to know your neighbors and maybe they will invite you to smoke with them. The pot will make you more mellow and you won't get so worked up about what they're doing. If you go to their place and see a meth lab, then you can report it.
      August 24, 2019 2:37 AM MDT

drugs arent my thing, but youre right, that would be a good way to see what theyre actually doing
      August 24, 2019 11:34 AM MDT

Ya but Pearl mentioned that her neighbours might also be doing meth so they probably also do crake and if she smokes a doobie with them they will likely spike it with crake as a joke or to get her hooked. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      August 24, 2019 11:46 AM MDT

Nice to see you got your m key fixed. 
      August 24, 2019 6:37 AM MDT

my laptop broke, you still didnt answer my question
      August 24, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

I'm still  thinking. 
      August 24, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

Put a sign on your door or where they can see it

EXORCISM IN PROGRESS 

NOISE AND SMOKE ATTRACT EVIL SPIRITS 

PLEASE MAINTAIN SILENCE! This post was edited by Kittigate at August 24, 2019 8:24 PM MDT
      August 24, 2019 4:19 PM MDT

Ask her nicely to switch to pot brownies and then eat one. You won't care anymore. 
      August 24, 2019 7:10 AM MDT

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do, if they are smoking pot it is classed as personal use, my neighbour is nearly 80 and also smokes pot, I fear for a fire because she has dementia and a stray hot rock could do it, black smoke was billowing out of her window early hours the other morning where she'd put something on the stove and had forgotten (probably had the munchies), we've already had a fire here before. Many people in my street smoke weed whilst sitting in front of the government CCTV. If you have contacted the management and they do not care, then there is nothing you can do about it.  Sounds like you've had nothing but problems where you live Pearl, you might want to consider moving.
      August 24, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

theyre not supposed to smoke inside
      August 24, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

I understood that Pearl, but if the manager isn't upholding the no smoking rule then there is not much you can do.
      August 25, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

Well unless you are a real tuff gal I suggest you don't get yourself in trouble and bide your time until they get kicked out. People who do meth or crake don't last long at an address because they spend their rent money on drugs or their place becomes a heat score (well known to police ). Seems like you have had this problem for a year or so - so I'm hoping the day they get kicked out will be soon and you can go back to having a peaceful life. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 24, 2019 12:18 PM MDT

Pearl, you spend a lot of time complaining about your neighbors here.  You obviously don't fit in with them so you're just going to have to leave them alone and find some place where you do fit in but if the neighbors aren't doing anything that personally affects you then you just need to let it go.  Otherwise you'll just be coming across as the tattle-tale in elementary school or the cranky old lady that lives down the hall.  Don't be that person.  

August 24, 2019 1:22 PM MDT

• There are places on the "Dark Web" where, for a negotiable fee, people are more than happy to make your problem neighbors disappear.  I suggest you look there.
      August 24, 2019 2:44 PM MDT

i found out shes giving a 30 day notice, she'll be moving out in mid sept
      August 27, 2019 3:48 PM MDT