Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I swear to GOD it seems like TRUMP is getting off on this hurricane. He is SO excited talking about it. CATEGORY FIVE! HOORAY!!!!!

I swear to GOD it seems like TRUMP is getting off on this hurricane. He is SO excited talking about it. CATEGORY FIVE! HOORAY!!!!!

PEOPLE have never even HEARD of a category 5 because TRUMP who has had FIVE category FIVE hurricanes occur during his Administration... NEVER HEARD OF THEM BEFORE.

SO, naturally, if he didn't know how would PEOPLE ever know?  

Is there no end to the blundering OAF?

Posted - September 2, 2019

Responses

I think one of the reasons he is so excited about it is to help him justified his Poland meeting cancelation like he can say it's a good thing I was here instead of in Poland. But maybe it would of been better if he had gone to Poland because he caused a lot of people unnecessary worry when he made a mistake on were the hurricane was likely to hit. Another reason I think he is excited is because he is planning on using the storm to belittle Puerto Rico like he will say Florida got hit by a much  bigger storm then Puerto Rico but they didn't  whine about it and beg for money (or something along that line). Cheers and happy labour Day!  
      September 2, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

SIGH.  It is so sickening that we can actually figure out what this moron is going to say and do.  Just think of the MOST SELFISH AND ASSININE thought, and he will go lower than that.

You are right on.  Maybe Poland had their prayers answered, they were long overdue.  The big storm, the big BOMB is sitting right here in the OVAL where he does NOT belong either.  
      September 2, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

I was thinking the same thing although I have't seen or heard him talking about the hurricane.  I haven't turned on the TV today.  My info on Dorian is from the Weather Channel on line.  I have a dear friend in Daytona Beach and a cousin in Boca Raton.  Both counties have areas that are under mandatory evacuation.  I don't know if they are in those areas.  Now they're saying Dorian could hit as far north as Virginia.  This is definitely a monster event and I hope anyone in the path of the storm stays safe.  
      September 2, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

I lived ouside of Boca in Pompano Beach during Hurricane Andrew.  

It wiped out the whole area.  My block was without electricity for weeks.  The house next door burned down.  It was scary as hell.  Not to make you worry,  There was plenty of time to evacuate and we did. So, I am sure your friends will be fine.  We have had time to prepare this time.  

As far as Trump? I got stuck hearing him braying for a few minutes  before I had time to walk over and change the video.  Anyway...the stations I watch always play clips of TRUMP because if you DO NOT HEAR IT, YOU WILL THINK THEY ARE MAKING IT UP of course. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 2, 2019 11:38 AM MDT
      September 2, 2019 11:30 AM MDT

Yes, my friends have had plenty of time to prepare.  My friend in Daytona Beach and her family had to evacuate during Andrew.  They kept driving north and wound up staying in Georgia before they were safe.  I think they were there a week.  When they finally came back home, there was little damage.  Her house is in the middle of the development, so they were buffeted from the worst of it.  
      September 2, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

Just in case you may be having a nice day? They are steadily getting worse because the globe is getting hotter the waters are warming the ice caps are melting and that feeds the hurricane activity.  

Yes. I am shaking in my boots.  And I am glad my daughter has no kids.  
      September 2, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

I've realized that the climate is changing for some time.  It's only the flat earthers who don't think it is.  As my cousin said, I'd rather be in a hurricane area where you have some warning before it hits than i an earthquake area where you don't.  
      September 2, 2019 11:56 AM MDT

I too have realized it.  It is like a terminal death sentence and telling me which way you want to go.

As Rosie HATES me saying … WHO CARES???

But, YOU, will get what I mean.  Who cares what form the end takes.  We are heading towards catastrophic winds the size and force that we and NO one alive is prepared for.  

And the earthquakes?  Don't get me started.  I would rather be prepared, but for what end? 
      September 2, 2019 12:03 PM MDT

I think a lot of people care, at least the intelligent ones, but all of us wonder what we individually can do to help prevent it.  I try to be environmentally conscientious, but some things don't have an alternative yet, so I'm forced to stay with the old.  I think there's no way to prevent at least climate change, but it will take a concerted effort worldwide to accomplish what really needs to be done and that doesn't seem to be of importance to far too may countries.  When you think about it, it's a monumental task, not to mention the financial costs.  But we have to start somewhere.  I don't buy bottled water anymore unless it's absolutely necessary which most times it isn't.  I recycle whatever can be recycled.  I don't let anything be double-bagged and I get as much in one bag as I can.  *I have all sorts of reusable cloth bags but I haven't been as good about using them as I should.  

You're right, there are some catastrophic events we will never be able to prepare for, but we just have to do the best we can and hope to live through it.  What amazes me are the folks who live near the cost whose homes have been decimated by some storm or other and they rebuild only to have the next storm devastate their homes again and yet they don't want to move.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  How many times can you go through that?

I'm very shortly going to be 74.  I may have another 20 years, maybe not, but I will try to enjoy each and every one of them until the end comes.  I cannot worry about things that aren't within my control.  
      September 2, 2019 12:15 PM MDT

Emily, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma were Cat 5 storms.  A total of 35 recorded tropical cyclones have reached Category 5 strength on the Saffir–Simpson hurricane wind scale in the Atlantic Ocean north of the equator, the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico.  (This from Wiki)

Maybe you have never heard of them before, but you certainly do not speak for all of us.
      September 2, 2019 3:28 PM MDT

I think you may have misunderstood what Sharonna posted. Here is a quick clip of what Trump said about Hurricane Dorian.

September 2, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

LOL 

And Trump sure doesn't speak for all of US
    That man is an idiot
    Maybe Thrifty should send Trump her Wiki links. 
    Sharona isn't the one requiring an education. 
    *smh*

This post was edited by Jon at September 3, 2019 6:09 AM MDT
      September 3, 2019 4:48 AM MDT

• If that's the case, he'll fit in perfectly with that rabble rousing bunch of hysterics on the Weather Channel. If a storm ever needed hype or an army of spin doctors, they fit the billing. It's like watching carnival barkers at work. They need a Saffir-Simpson scale to measure the hyperbole and ballyhoo.
      September 2, 2019 6:35 PM MDT

Truth.  When it's a hurricane I go to the national weather service.
      September 2, 2019 11:44 PM MDT

Oh, He'll fit in quite nicely for sure.
    The caustic king of hyperbole, ballyhoo,  and vitriol...The bloviating prince of blubbery  could deliver the weather reports with great gusto

This post was edited by Jon at September 3, 2019 6:17 AM MDT
      September 3, 2019 4:41 AM MDT

With any luck, it will scrub Florida clean of Trump's dumps and blow away those bedbugs
      September 3, 2019 4:39 AM MDT