Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » The Japenese legally slaughter 2000 whales each year for scinencetific reasons that strangely ends up in their stomachs....

The Japenese legally slaughter 2000 whales each year for scinencetific reasons that strangely ends up in their stomachs....

If the world stoped buying all Japenese products for one week....this would surly help these evil people from murdering the worlds most beautiful creatures...

Posted - September 2, 2019

Responses

Sea Shepherd stopped them for awhile...
      September 2, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

That was what I was watching last night....what a great man ...
      September 3, 2019 5:49 AM MDT

Well, if there is a good side, fewer whales means more shrimp for the rest of us. 
      September 2, 2019 4:33 PM MDT

Shrimp are farmed and they pince one eye off to make the female lay more eggs....how evil is that to....:( 
      September 3, 2019 5:50 AM MDT

At least the farm raised ones are. We get ‘em wild right out of the Gulf here. 
      September 3, 2019 5:58 AM MDT

Were you still a little shrimp yourself when you first went fishing four them ....:) 
      September 3, 2019 6:03 AM MDT

Dropping A-bombs on people forces them to engage in Cetaceacide
      September 2, 2019 6:43 PM MDT

What does that word mean....I can't find it anywhere ? 
      September 3, 2019 5:48 AM MDT

Cetacea is an order of aquatics mainly marine mammals which include whales & dolphins.  I needed to think fast and generate a proper term for the murder of these creatures.  Murder is not exactly accurate though because "murder" typically means a human killing another human.  However, because these are highly intelligent animals I thought they deserve their own word to describe their unlawful(?) death with premeditation.
      September 3, 2019 6:14 AM MDT

I think all those that are involved with their slaughter should suffer a far worse fate...
      September 3, 2019 11:02 AM MDT

Indeed. We should stuff their blow holes closed
      September 18, 2019 5:19 PM MDT

Interesting thought.

Somewhere on TV, I heard some expert say that the Japanese have not always been whale-eaters.
    Apparently it was introduced to their culture by the Portuguese during the Edo Period between 1603 and 1868.
    Even so, with so many millions of people squeezed into such small islands, and threatened by the presences of their neighbours, China and North Korea, food security is a major issue for the Japanese. It will become much more so with global warming, rising sea level, and the shrinking of their lands.

I would prefer to save every whale if I could.
    I'm attached to the fact that they are highly intelligent, social and emotional beings.
    I would love to see all ocean creatures (except jellyfish) thrive.

I hear that whale meat is considered a very expensive luxury in Japan - which leads me to wonder how such a huge annual whale harvest can be eaten. Surely only a privileged few can eat it. There can't be that many wealthy people, can there?

Or are there missing crucial bits of information?
    Is whale meat one of the few ways the Japanese have for providing sufficient protein for such a large population?
      September 2, 2019 8:53 PM MDT

A whale sells for one million dollars upwards ,depending on their weight...
    One blue fin Tuna sells for $50,000 upwards ...they are sold at auctions first or biggest fetch $250,000...
    From what I've read about in the last few week....what we take from our oceans are vastly understated....no one know what the actual tonnage taken from oceans is,but they do know far far greater than all previous estimates....
    So many countries fish species to the point of near extinction...
      September 3, 2019 5:45 AM MDT

I like you.  THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD GET BEHIND.  THAT IS JUST RECKLESS AND YES, EVIL.  
      September 3, 2019 12:21 AM MDT

I watched a documentary last night  about the man that set up Greenpeace ...until it became global company making millions and then they got rid of him
    He now follows the Japenese whaling fleet and stops them butchering  whales ....he's hated by the Jap's ....I'm sure they would kill them all to eat if they could...
    They do the same to Dolphins....they herd whole Pods into coves where there is no way out and then jump into the shallow waters and slash then with swords....they even kill the baby dolphins the same way and the would sits still and does nothing....
    We need to stop buying anything that Japan produces ....and I know before any one starts that there are many Japenese people against the terrible thing their own government sanctions...
    May comments are aimed at these with people human brains..... Just the scum that think and act like make believe Gods 
    Refuse to buy anything Japanese....and begin the game of "pass it on ".  Tell as many people as you can 
      September 3, 2019 5:28 AM MDT

Not sure where you get that number of 2000.
    Since 1987, Japan has killed between 200 and 1200 whales each year.
    In 2019, the fisheries ministry has set a kill cap for the season of 52 minke, 150 Bryde's and 25 sei whales - a total of 227 animals.

But is Japan really any different than "Native American" tribes who have recently taken up whaling "to preserve their culture"?
    Neither group depends on whaling for food. 
    In fact, the Japanese have tons of whale meat in freezers ... because VERY FEW people eat it.  We're talking less than 1% of their population.
      September 3, 2019 8:00 AM MDT

It was on a documentary I watched last night on Sky.....it was on a program about the ship Sea Shepherd ,the ship that follows the Jap  Whalers 
      September 3, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

September 3, 2019 1:12 PM MDT

I've never heard of that before.......how inhuman some of our species are...
    How strange, The Sea Shepherd program has just started on sky tv again again....  
      September 3, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

Just read panda...Japan is not the only country....Norway and Iceland to ....What is wrong with these peoples mentality 
      September 3, 2019 3:11 PM MDT

I just did a quick search.
    Norway = under 5% of people eat whale.  Apparently, it is mostly used for dog food.
    Iceland = under 1.1% of people eat whale.  But whale watching tourism brings in $12 million, annually.

Japan traditionally (prior to WW2) used whale meat for protein because there wasn't much other choices.
    However, since WW2 their consumption has increasingly changed from fish (including whale) to livestock.
      September 3, 2019 3:25 PM MDT

The Denmark owns the Faroe isles north of Scotland....each year they slaughter 800 pilot whales just  to blood their kids..
      September 3, 2019 4:05 PM MDT